Recipe Garlic Bread Meatball Bombs

mjd

Veteran
Local time
6:07 PM
MJ's comment: I used to make these for my kids. They love them. Sometimes, I'd switch it up and use canned biscuits or make the biscuits myself (I prefer to know what is in the food my kids eat). When using biscuits, there is no need to pre-cook the meatballs. Just roll out the biscuit, sprinkle cheese, add meatball and close. Marinara and/or garlic dipping sauces are good additions.

Cheesy-Garlic-Bread-Meatball-Bombs-b-1022x1536.jpg

Prep Time: 10 min
Total Time: 45 min
Servings: 6
Source: Garlic Bread Meatball Bombs

INGREDIENTS​

12 dinner rolls
12 meatballs, cooked
2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
Cooking spray
Parsley, optional
1/2 cup salted butter
3 cloves garlic, finely minced
2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 cup sun dried tomato pesto
2 cups marinara sauce
1 tablespoon olive oil

DIRECTIONS​

If you are using store-bought, frozen meatballs, cook them according to the package instructions. When cooked, set aside until ready to use. If you are preparing homemade meatballs, do that now. Cook them and set them aside until ready to use.

Next, in a small sauce pan, add the butter and garlic. Over medium heat, cook the garlic in the butter until fragrant and just starting to brown. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.

Prepare the sauce by whisking together the sun dried tomato pesto, marinara sauce, and olive oil in a bowl. Set aside.

Preheat your oven to 350°F.

To assemble, begin by hollowing out the top of each dinner roll with a sharp knife. The hole will need to be slightly bigger than your meatballs, but not so deep that you puncture the bottom.

Set the rolls into a 9×13" baking pan which has been coated with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.

Whisk the parmesan, dried parsley, dried oregano, and ground black pepper into the butter and garlic mixture. Using a pastry brush, liberally smear the holes of the dinner rolls with the garlic butter. Use all of the butter evenly into each dinner roll.

Spoon about a tablespoon of the prepared sauce into each of the hollowed out dinner rolls.

Place a cooked meatball into each hole. Top each meatball with the remaining sauce mixture.

Evenly distribute the cheese over each of the dinner rolls. Sprinkle on the Italian seasoning.

Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Remove from oven.

Using a sharp knife, slice between each dinner roll. Plate and garnish with parsley.

Back
Top Bottom