duckholiday.com
Ingredient amounts optional:

Roasted garlic
Cream
Milk
Egg yolks
Sugar/honey
Vanilla essence

1) Simmer the garlic and cream, then bung them into a blender.
2) Mix the other stuff in a bowl
3) Add the cream mixture and simmer until thickened.
4) Freeze.

Additional ingredients, such as stout, are available.

Yikes!! It reminds me of a time in an ice cream shop in Australia where they were selling vegemite ice cream.

Literally the next time I went to that town the ice cream place was out of business. They sold other normal flavors too - but I think the vegemite must have been their undoing!

Ewwwwww not sure I would like this. I don't think garlic and ice cream are a good combination.
I can't even imagine. Looking at it you would be expecting one taste and it would be a whole
different flavor. Thanks for posting, it is unique but I think I will pass on this one! I like my ice
cream on the sweeter side. :)

Ingredient amounts optional:

Roasted garlic
Cream
Milk
Egg yolks
Sugar/honey
Vanilla essence

1) Simmer the garlic and cream, then bung them into a blender.
2) Mix the other stuff in a bowl
3) Add the cream mixture and simmer until thickened.
4) Freeze.

Additional ingredients, such as stout, are available.

You are just trying to compete with @classic33 for the most yuk recipe. I think I'll start a 'worst recipe of the week' competition. Seriously.

I could find a use for a garlic ice cream ,semi sweetened ice creams again were a fad ,horseradish ice cream or Parmesan ice cream with carpaccio of beef ,Bloody Mary sorbets basil and mascarpone ice cream with tomato salads ,
I remember having a chilli ice cream from purbeck ices it was a insult to my taste buds hot taste to a frozen texture ,I couldn't get my head around why this would be served especially in a tub at the seaside

I could find a use for a garlic ice cream ,semi sweetened ice creams again were a fad ,horseradish ice cream or Parmesan ice cream with carpaccio of beef ,Bloody Mary sorbets basil and mascarpone ice cream with tomato salads
I see where you are coming from. But surely not as sweet as this recipe?

I remember having a chilli ice cream from purbeck ices it was a insult to my taste buds hot taste to a frozen texture ,I couldn't get my head around why this would be served especially in a tub at the seaside

Now this one I could do! But again, not if the ice-cream was too sweet.

You are just trying to compete with @classic33 for the most yuk recipe. I think I'll start a 'worst recipe of the week' competition. Seriously.

Scurrilous. This is, in fact, a tribute to the wonderful garlic restaurant in Riga. Roasted garlic is very sweet, so there is no incongruity. Besides, I wouldn't even contemplate competing with the acknowledged maestro.

I actually wondered if there was a feature that allowed you to swap names when posting. I swore it was a Classic 33 recipe!!! I am not doing the worst of the week competition, I am going with an "Oh my God" competition.

In California, Gilroy to be precise, they have a huge garlic festival every year. Everything tha tis humanely possible to be made of garlic is made of garlic including ice cream. I went through the town of Gilroy once, and their Garlic festival and the garlic grown there is the focus of the entire town. It is probably the garlic capital of the world!

Back
Top Bottom