Recipe Garlic Yellow Rice

Yorky

RIP 21/01/2024
Local time
9:24 AM

Ingredients
  • 200 gms Jasmine rice
  • 1 tblsp Olive Oil
  • 1 onion, finely chopped (about 160 gms)
  • 5 Garlic cloves, smashed
  • ½ tsp Turmeric
  • ½ tsp Salt
  • ½ tsp Black pepper
  • Water

Method

Rinse the rice in cold water until the water runs clear.

Heat the olive oil in a frying pan or wok and stir fry the onions and garlic until the onions turn golden (about 5 minutes). Add the drained rice and continue to stir fry for another 2 minutes.

Transfer the rice mixture to a rice cooker and sprinkle over the turmeric, salt and black pepper. Add sufficient cold water to just cover the rice.

Cook on standard cook and thereafter leave on warm for at least 15 minutes.

Before serving, stir in a pat of butter.

Last edited:
Good! I've something similar in the pipeline. You should be able to get fresh turmeric easily in Thailand, I think. Do you ever use it? Did I ask you this already? Sorry if you answered already.

Good! I've something similar in the pipeline. You should be able to get fresh turmeric easily in Thailand, I think. Do you ever use it? Did I ask you this already? Sorry if you answered already.

Yes, yes and yes.

I have some in the freezer but it wasn't used for this. I forgot.

Ingredients
  • 200 gms Jasmine rice
  • 1 tblsp Olive Oil
  • 1 onion, finely chopped (about 160 gms)
  • 5 Garlic cloves, smashed
  • ½ tsp Turmeric
  • ½ tsp Salt
  • ½ tsp Black pepper
  • Water

Method

Rinse the rice in cold water until the water runs clear.

Heat the olive oil in a frying pan or wok and stir fry the onions and garlic until the onions turn golden (about 5 minutes). Add the drained rice and continue to stir fry for another 2 minutes.

Transfer the rice mixture to a rice cooker and sprinkle over the turmeric, salt and black pepper. Add sufficient cold water to just cover the rice.

Cook on standard cook and thereafter leave on warm for at least 15 minutes.

Before serving, stir in a pat of butter.
That's nearly identical to how I make this dish, though often I throw in diced carrots and mix it with quinoa. Superb!

Back
Top Bottom