Ghee

Hmmm. Bay be ill give it a try
I was in a shop today that I assume was Turkish (considering the area and the brands/produce for sale) and they had 'vegetable ghee! I've looked up and seen coconut ghee too! I will investigate further. I also found this shop is a good place to buy tahini, which I've only found locally at a ridiculous cost for a small jar in Sainsbury's (supermarket).

I have used it but never actually bought any. The quantity I needed was so small I just made my own. Our local Tesco is doing it at £1 off, i.e. for £7 a kilo. They do stock two other ones which are a lot cheaper but one is palm oil and the other is a blend of palm oil and butter.

I have used it but never actually bought any. The quantity I needed was so small I just made my own. Our local Tesco is doing it at £1 off, i.e. for £7 a kilo. They do stock two other ones which are a lot cheaper but one is palm oil and the other is a blend of palm oil and butter.

Just ordered some!

Did you order the East End one? Their stuff is really good, although Tesco in their infinite wisdom seemed to have stopped doing their full range and hardly do any of it online.

That's the one. East End brand is very good and stocked extensively by my local Asian shop. Tescos seem to have cut down their on-line ranges of many things.

That's the one. East End brand is very good and stocked extensively by my local Asian shop. Tescos seem to have cut down their on-line ranges of many things.
I get nearly all my shopping from Sainsbury's and Riverford now. Our local Sainsbury's do a good range of organic stuff, which I think is better quality than Tesco. Even the milkman has upped the range of organic food as well.

I agree with East End. KTC I find not very good.
Looks like a trip to Tesco soon then! I've got to stock up on some spices and some things I can't get from Sainsbury's. Luckily Tesco's is nearer - I can see it from my front room window, but the traffic where I live is so bad it can still be a 2 hour or more round trip.

Back
Top Bottom