Ginger, Who Knew :)

Freshly "harvested" old ginger.

I'll probably chop or puree most of it after cleaning for freezing.

ginger 1 s.jpg

Speaking of ginger, I need some more. I used the last of it a few days ago.

Thanks for the bump

Can it be alcoholic? The only sort I know is a soft drink.

Yes, can't believe I missed this previously. We've tried Domaine de Canton before years and years ago. It packed a punch and I didn't much care for it back then. We'll have to try it again as my tastes have changed. There's apparently a make it yourself version from Serious Eats that's very close in taste.

Yes, can't believe I missed this previously. We've tried Domaine de Canton before years and years ago. It packed a punch and I didn't much care for it back then. We'll have to try it again as my tastes have changed. There's apparently a make it yourself version from Serious Eats that's very close in taste.

Sounds like a good tipple for Christmas.

I've just remembered that I have a liqueur I bought several Christmases ago somewhere. Its called 'The King's Ginger'.

the-kings-ginger-liqueur-70cl.jpg

The King's Ginger was specifically formulated by Berry Bros. & Rudd in 1903 for King Edward VII. Rich and zesty, the liqueur was created to energise His Majesty during rides in his new horseless carriage - a Daimler. This rich, golden nectar has a spicy ginger note and refreshing flavour and is stunning in cocktails.

This emphatically ginger liqueur was specifically formulated by Berry Bros in 1903 for King Edward VII. Rich and zesty, it was created to stimulate and revivify. His Majesty during morning rides in his new horseless carriage and has been appreciated by bon viveurs, sporting gentlemen and high-spirited ladies ever since. A quirky and high-strength liqueur carefully crafted from the maceration of ginger root and lemon oils, The King's Ginger is rich in colour and deliciously crisp to taste. Be it in a flask on one's hip at the races or in a Collins glass over ice in one's chair, it is indeed a splendid tonic to be appreciated all year round.

Ginger is a favourite of mine. I use it in hot drinks with honey and lime - very refreshing it is, too.

Back
Top Bottom