GINGERED PINEAPPLE
Makes 4 servings

Ingredients
1 pineapple (with green leaves)
1/4 cup dark rum
1 tsp ground ginger
1/2 cup flaked or shredded coconut

Directions
Cut pineapple lengthwise into halves, right through the green top. Cut each half into halves. Cut core from each quarter and cut along curved edges of fruit with a grapefruit knife. Cut fruit crosswise into 3/4-inch slices, then cut lengthwise down the center of the slices, leaving the cut fruit in the shell.

Mix rum and ginger and spoon over pineapple. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours, but no longer than 24 hours.

Bake coconut in an ungreased pan in a 350F oven, stirring occasionally, until toasted golden, 8-10 minutes. Sprinkle coconut over fruit-filled pineapple quarters. Garnish with strawberries and mint.

Recipe courtesy of Betty Crocker's Cookbook.

NOTES: I prepared just one quarter for ourselves and cut the remaining pineapple up for later use. I did, however, use the full measure of rum and ginger. :)

GINGERED PINEAPPLE
Makes 4 servings

Ingredients
1 pineapple (with green leaves)
1/4 cup dark rum
1 tsp ground ginger
1/2 cup flaked or shredded coconut

Directions
Cut pineapple lengthwise into halves, right through the green top. Cut each half into halves. Cut core from each quarter and cut along curved edges of fruit with a grapefruit knife. Cut fruit crosswise into 3/4-inch slices, then cut lengthwise down the center of the slices, leaving the cut fruit in the shell.

Mix rum and ginger and spoon over pineapple. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours, but no longer than 24 hours.

Bake coconut in an ungreased pan in a 350F oven, stirring occasionally, until toasted golden, 8-10 minutes. Sprinkle coconut over fruit-filled pineapple quarters. Garnish with strawberries and mint.

Recipe courtesy of Betty Crocker's Cookbook.

NOTES: I prepared just one quarter for ourselves and cut the remaining pineapple up for later use. I did, however, use the full measure of rum and ginger. :)

So totally retro! I love it.

Back
Top Bottom