Recipe & Video Gleaming No-Hassle Japanese Milk Bread Dinner Rolls

ForeverFoodieLove

Local time
12:36 PM
These Japanese Milk Bread Dinner Rolls are wonderfully soft, fluffy, and airy with a light and delicious taste. This is one of the easiest Milk Bread recipes you can find! No Hassles and perfect results! 😊

Ingredients​

The Dough​

• 300 g All-Purpose Flour (or Bread Flour)
  • 2.5 tbsp Sugar
  • 180 g Whole Milk, warm
  • 6 g Dry Yeast
  • 1/2 tsp Salt
  • 25 g Unsalted Butter, softened at room temperature

Egg Wash​

• 1 Egg, beaten
  • some Whole Milk (adjustable)

Instructions​

• In a measuring cup, mix together the Warm Whole Milk and the Dry Yeast. Set aside for 5 minutes.
  • In a mixing bowl, add in the All-purpose Flour and Sugar. Gradually add in the Milk Mixture. Use a spatula to slightly mix the mixture together.
  • Then add in the Salt. Gently mix again.
  • Use a stand mixer, mix on low speed until the dough comes together for 2-3 minutes.
  • Stretch the dough with your hands a little bit and spread the softened unsalted Butter on top.
  • Start the mixer and mix the dough again on low speed for 2-3 minutes until everything is well combined.
  • Take out the dough and shape it into a ball.
  • Lightly Oil a mixing bowl. Put the dough in the bowl and slightly Oil the top of the dough. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside for 2 hours. The dough will double in size.
  • Dust your countertop with a little bit of flour. Place the dough on the flour and divide it into 8 equal pieces, shaping them into balls.
  • Line a 19 cm x 28 cm baking dish with parchment paper. Place the balls on the paper, leaving a little space between them. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside to let it rise for another 30-45 minutes.
  • Brush the tops with Egg Wash and bake in a preheated oven at 150C (300 F) for 20-22 minutes until tops are golden brown.
  • Let cool on a rack for a few minutes. Ready to enjoy!
View: https://youtu.be/uSJ31kYxEfA

Last edited by a moderator:
Bookmarked!

I think I figured out why my dough doesn't always rise...I'm not dancing enough! :)

ForeverFoodieLove - how'd I do?

Mine are a little less white inside because I used a mix of AP and whole wheat flours.

Deeeee-lish! 😋

Back
Top Bottom