Goat Cheese Pizza

detroitdad

Legendary Member
Local time
6:55 PM
Goat cheese pizza is one of my wife's favorites. I thought I would make her one as a surprise. How do you make your? What toppings do you use? Any sauce? I do want to keep it vegetarian.

Right now this is what I'm considering.

shredded mozzarella cheese as the base
goat cheese
caramelized onions
sautéed green peppers (haven't fully decided yet)

After it cooks. Add arugula and a raspberry balsamic glaze.

Thoughts? changes? suggestions?

Here´s an insane suggestion. Could you make a tomato base with beetroot in it?
I think beetroot is the absolute max with goat´s cheese.
Sautéed leeks instead of onions?
Don´t think the green peppers will add (or take away) anything.
Love the idea of the mustardy arugula, and the raspberry will work. I´ve used blackberries, loganberries - and even a wierd fruit that grows in my garden called " Mysore Raspberries". Blueberry glaze would also work.

Goat cheese pizza is one of my wife's favorites. I thought I would make her one as a surprise. How do you make your? What toppings do you use? Any sauce? I do want to keep it vegetarian.

Right now this is what I'm considering.

shredded mozzarella cheese as the base
goat cheese
caramelized onions
sautéed green peppers (haven't fully decided yet)

After it cooks. Add arugula and a raspberry balsamic glaze.

I love this idea but I would add chilli flakes on top if she likes spice, also some thyme or basil works well as a topping mixed with the arugula. And you could add some roast pine nuts on top for contrast?

Love the idea of the mustardy arugula, and the raspberry will work. I´ve used blackberries, loganberries - and even a wierd fruit that grows in my garden called " Mysore Raspberries". Blueberry glaze would also work.

Fresh beets (as we call them) are not always in stores, we are usually stuck with canned beats. Leeks are not in a lot of grocery stores, either.

I love this idea but I would add chilli flakes on top if she likes spice, also some thyme or basil works well as a topping mixed with the arugula. And you could add some roast pine nuts on top for contrast?

Cili flakes would balance all that cheese, but I don't know if it would clash with the raspberry balsamic glaze.

CD

I usually use uncooked sweet onions and bell peppers on pizza. It adds some bite and texture. Arugula sounds good. Not sure about the raspberry balsamic glaze on pizza. I can't imagine that taste combination in my head. Have you used it on a pizza before?

CD

Great idea on the leeks. The green peppers honestly were more for color. I'm not a huge beet fan unless they are roasted. This is definitely something to think about.

My game plan was to either incorporate the chili flakes like you are suggesting, or to add them to the raspberry glaze if the sweetness needs toned down.

I usually use uncooked sweet onions and bell peppers on pizza. It adds some bite and texture. Arugula sounds good. Not sure about the raspberry balsamic glaze on pizza. I can't imagine that taste combination in my head. Have you used it on a pizza before?

CD

Normally I do the same thing with onions and bell peppers. I think the caramelized onions will pare really well with the goat cheese. I want the goat cheese to be the star of the show. Nope, I haven't ever used raspberry glaze on anything. It just sounds fun lol

Fresh beets (as we call them) are not always in stores, we are usually stuck with canned beats. Leeks are not in a lot of grocery stores, either.

Cili flakes would balance all that cheese, but I don't know if it would clash with the raspberry balsamic glaze.

CD
Chilli and strawberry works very well, raspberry should be possible too. I frequently see them combined anyway and personally would like it.

I was also thinking of halving cherry tomato's as a topping. I know they tend to get soggy.

I think some type of seed/nut/grain could be used. Not sure what though

I was also thinking of halving cherry tomato's as a topping. I know they tend to get soggy.

I think some type of seed/nut/grain could be used. Not sure what though
You could always roast your tomatoes before adding them to dry them out a bit. I've done that many times.

I decided to make two pizzas. One will have a roasted beet sauce and the other one will have a mozzarella base. Toppings will be goat cheese, carmelized white onions, roasted walnuts, and arugula. I also picked up some asparagus just in case I decide to add asparagus tips to one of the pizzas.

Back
Top Bottom