Good ideas to use more yogurt

I like to put yogurt on taco salad instead of sour cream. I have so few uses for sour cream it's difficult to finish the container in time, so I just use yogurt instead. I've heard of other people doing this because it is also healthier. Sour cream doesn't have any probiotic as far as I know.

Oh my goodness, let me tell you about what I found about 6 years ago. It's like greek yogurt, but has even more protein, it's smoother (if you can believe it), and is hands down the most amazing thing I have eaten in a long time! Icelandic yogurt called Skyr (that's the name of the yogurt, and also the name of one of the companies that produces it). You can get it also from Siggi's (brand of Skyr). Plain or flavored like other yogurts, it is wonderful. It has a smooth, creamy taste and is loaded with protein! An Icelandic traditional food. Try it, you'll love it!

I use yoghurt in salad dressings to create a creamy dressing with low calories. I also add it to curry sauces or marinade chiicken or meat in it (together with spices). I also make cheese from it.

Yogurt is a splendid accompaniment to curry. One can always add a little chopped cucumber - as The Beatles almost sang, want to be a cucumber raita.

Back
Top Bottom