Good news only!!!!

So....good news only, huh?

I went out to eat for my birthday at a very nice restaurant. The weather was perfect, so we ate outside. But, my brother was complaining about the sun in his eyes, so I offered to sit facing the sun so it wouldn't bother him. The appetizer (fried cheese curds) was delicious:

IMG_0918.JPG

After an exceedingly long time, and more than one question to our server of why it was taking so long, the food arrived, and it looked fantastic. It was also totally cold. Fortunately, the manager was on the case, and he agreed to pay for two of our meals, and give me a delicious birthday ice cream.

The extra long wait gave me time to enjoy an extra drink:
IMG_0923.JPG

This is the burger I got. The taste was wonderfully beefy, and the fries were tasty, and it would have been perfect if it weren't served cold. But, I got a free birthday meal out of it.
IMG_0924.JPG

So....good news only, huh?

I went out to eat for my birthday at a very nice restaurant. The weather was perfect, so we ate outside. But, my brother was complaining about the sun in his eyes, so I offered to sit facing the sun so it wouldn't bother him. The appetizer (fried cheese curds) was delicious:

View attachment 33128

After an exceedingly long time, and more than one question to our server of why it was taking so long, the food arrived, and it looked fantastic. It was also totally cold. Fortunately, the manager was on the case, and he agreed to pay for two of our meals, and give me a delicious birthday ice cream.

The extra long wait gave me time to enjoy an extra drink:View attachment 33129

This is the burger I got. The taste was wonderfully beefy, and the fries were tasty, and it would have been perfect if it weren't served cold. But, I got a free birthday meal out of it.
View attachment 33127

Happy birthday lng, I missed that too. Our sons in two days. Meals look excellent, I'd be all over those.

Russ

How come we didn't know it was your birthday today? So sorry. Glad you had a nice meal and HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!!!!!! Isn't it nice to finally turn 30? I can't wait. lol

Members have to tick the box in their profile with their birth date. Then an automated 'Happy Birthday' thread will appear wich we can join in with.

Go to your your account (click on your name in the green toolbar at the top of the page). Click on 'account details' then tick 'show month and date of birth' and save.

Members have to tick the box in their profile with their birth date. Then an automated 'Happy Birthday' thread will appear wich we can join in with.

Go to your your account (click on your name in the green toolbar at the top of the page). Click on 'account details' then tick 'show month and date of birth' and save.

Other sites I'm on auto show it on the index pages.
A who's on the site
B who's birthday.

Russ

Other sites I'm on auto show it on the index pages.
A who's on the site
B who's birthday.

Russ

Yes - it will show that here but members have to tick that box first. Its to do with respecting privacy. Some people might not want their birth date to be public.

A bit like my wife , she always says she's 10 years younger than she is. Everyone plays along!

Russ
The funny thing with me is that I always overstate my age.

The day after my 53rd birthday, for example, I always think of myself as 54, since I've passed 53, so if anyone asks my age, I say, "I'm 54," when really I haven't reached 54 yet.

That's only one year, that's not so bad, but a couple of months after doing that, I start thinking I've already had my 54th birthday, because I've been saying "54" so much, and I begin to think I'm on my way to 55, and so I answer "55" if anyone asks my age.

So on and so forth that by the time my actual 54th birthday rolls around, I think I'm about 57 or so, and then I have to do the math and say, "...wait a minute, I thought I was 57 turning 58, but I'm actually 53 turning 54...that can't be right?!"

When we're out together and someone asks my age, my wife always answers for me before I can, because she knows I'll get it wrong.

We have had some rain, not much but a little. :rain:⛈🌦🌧☔ with all of the rest mixed in and some more, but given the thread, I can't mention the more :whistling:. So the other good news is that the 🔥 is now lit and warming up the house nicely - though it did put up a bit of a fight today.

Back
Top Bottom