Grapes in salad

chocomore

Veteran
Local time
7:18 PM
Do you put grapes in your salad because I now do after a friend recommended I try it, l use green and purple grapes and it changes the salad a lot for the better, do you use grapes or any other fruit in your salad?

It's strange, but when we visit friends and they put fruit in their salads, I enjoy it, but when I try the same thing back at home, it never tastes the same. Whether it's the dressing I use, or the proportion of fruit to other salad ingredients that's the problem, I don't know, but it just doesn't seem to work for me.

That's a shame but you never know one day it might just come together and taste just as good as your friends.

Nope, I've tried it but it's not for me. I prefer to eat my fruit separately, usually as a snack or as a desert.

I haven't thought about using grapes in a salad. I like grapes and I like eating them, but I don't think I will like them in a salad.

I haven't thought about using grapes in a salad. I like grapes and I like eating them, but I don't think I will like them in a salad.
grapes in a salad are not that much different from orange or pomegranets in salads really and I know plenty of salads that are excellent, very filling and some that are even warm than have an element of fruit in them.

I don't really grapes at all, and having them in a salad is something that I have not tried nor inspires me to try.

Fruit in salty salads... hmm... I only like apple in Waldorf Salad which, by the way, some recipes include grapes, but the traditional recipe in my family never had these.

grapes in a salad are not that much different from orange or pomegranets in salads really and I know plenty of salads that are excellent, very filling and some that are even warm than have an element of fruit in them.
I have never had oranges or pomegranates in a salad before. I jyst do not eat fruit in my salads. I guess I am just too traditional with my salads. I will put nuts on a salad though.

I'm a bit strange as I don't like putting sweet ingredients in salad, which I associate as being a salad dish. Normally if a friend or family member puts oranges or grapes in a salad, I'll eat the salad first and then eat the fruit afterwards as dessert.When I was younger I didn't like experimenting mixing sweet and savory ingredients but I have found that that there are some combinations of sweet and savory that I like e.g cranberry chutney on corn fritters. :)

I just made some chicken salad today as a matter of fact, which I put grapes in, along with a lot of green onions and walnuts. Some mayo, dijon mustard, sugar, lemon juice, sea salt and black pepper finished it off. Normally I'm not crazy about grapes in my salad, but today I was totally craving them and walnuts in my chicken salad. I pretty much ate the whole container of it already, lol, so I guess that means it came out pretty good.

If I were to ever put sweet fruits in my salad, it would normally be mandarin oranges in an Asian themed salad, or on occasion strawberries in a spinach salad.

Do you put grapes in your salad because I now do after a friend recommended I try it, l use green and purple grapes and it changes the salad a lot for the better, do you use grapes or any other fruit in your salad?

I actually love the idea of any fruit in salads. It adds another level of freshness that gives it a fruity kick! I don't really do grapes in salads, but definitely mandarins, strawberries, and/pr kiwi.

If I have some grapes at hand, I will use them for my salad. I like a sweet touch in my food, so I use fruits quite frequently.

Back
Top Bottom