Gravy with chips (fries)

caseydog

Local time
9:40 AM
[Mod.Edit: this post and a lot of following posts moved to form a new topic (MG)]

I made poutine. This was my first time making, or even eating poutine.

Poutine001.jpg

CD

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I did. The only criticism I have is that the gravy made the very crisp double-fried fries soggy before I could finish eating them. The cheese curds taste like a very mild cheddar.

CD

I really dislike gravy on chips (and hate gravy on fish - north west thing).

In my opinion the gravy/sauce/dip should be adjacent to the chips (or even in/on another dish).

I really dislike gravy on chips (and hate gravy on fish - north west thing).

In my opinion the gravy/sauce/dip should be adjacent to the chips (or even in/on another dish).
*clutches pearls and faints*

Gotta get the gravy on the chips - or else how are you going to make sure the cheese curds get melty and delicious?

I need to make a batch of cheese fries, AKA cardiac fries. Those are very popular in Texas, and probably all over the US.

Here is a plate of Snuffer's Cheddar Fries, with jalapeños, bacon and chives on top. There is usually some sour cream on the side for dipping.

Screen Shot 2022-11-16 at 12.30.01 PM.jpg

CD

How about - Disco Fries are a New Jersey diner classic. Crunchy crinkle-cut fries get bathed in an easy homemade gravy and gooey mozzarella cheese.

I need to make a batch of cheese fries, AKA cardiac fries. Those are very popular in Texas, and probably all over the US.

Here is a plate of Snuffer's Cheddar Fries, with jalapeños, bacon and chives on top. There is usually some sour cream on the side for dipping.

View attachment 92613

CD
Around here, those are usually called loaded fries, sometimes nacho fries.

I can just barely tolerate fries from a bag from a belgian frituur with sauce on top, but I really prefer sauce on the side. Am just fond of crispy fries.
The nice thing about the gravy is you get the crispy bits from the part that’s not in the gravy, but the parts that have gravy on them turn into something that’s halfway between a french fry and a mashed potato. 😋

Back
Top Bottom