Gravy with chips (fries)

I'll take Tots topped with Chili shredded Cheese and chopped Onions :hungry:
IMG_0162.JPG

I need to make a batch of cheese fries, AKA cardiac fries. Those are very popular in Texas, and probably all over the US.

Here is a plate of Snuffer's Cheddar Fries, with jalapeños, bacon and chives on top. There is usually some sour cream on the side for dipping.

View attachment 92613

CD
Oh yeah I’ve had different variations of this here in California and when I was visiting relatives in Texas. It’s essentially a Nacho fry out here with a dollop of sour cream on top. I’m salivating looking at this:)

I think the Poutine you made looks nice. Keeping the gravy under control is important IMO otherwise you just end up eating strange textured mash. I think you have just the right amount of gravy on there based on the picture. We have a popular lunch truck out here that does nothing but spins on Poutine. My favorite is the Korean Poutine with Korean BBQ Pork, Kimchi, Gochujang sauce and sesame seeds:)

Last edited:
We have so many ketchup products out here in the USA, however my 2 favorites so far are Sir Kensington and Hela Curry Ketchup. I don’t think I’ve tried any of the ones in this pictures except for Heinz, but maybe I should:)
Curry ketchup is fantastic!

We have so many ketchup products out here in the USA, however my 2 favorites so far are Sir Kensington and Hela Curry Ketchup. I don’t think I’ve tried any of the ones in this pictures except for Heinz, but maybe I should:)

I'm not a big ketchup fan, but I do like it on fries and tater tots. My favorite is Whataburger Ketchup. I used to ask for extra ketchup at Whataburger, and take some home. Apparently a lot of people did that, so they bottled it and sell it in grocery stores in Texas. You can also get it online at Amazon.

I have no idea what the do differently, but it is noticeably better than others, including Heinz.

Screen Shot 2022-11-18 at 1.43.10 PM.jpg

CD

One tip is to use long fries and if you can never completely cover them in gravy..leave many exposed so you still get some crispy parts. This way, you have different textures as opposed to a soggy mush

That's what I did. I just drizzled gravy over the fries, so I wouldn't drown them in gravy. I did still have crunchy bits, but some fries got more gravy than others.

CD

The nice thing about the gravy is you get the crispy bits from the part that’s not in the gravy, but the parts that have gravy on them turn into something that’s halfway between a french fry and a mashed potato. 😋
Yes..sorry..I repeated your post..lol...but, now everybody get's the message.. :whistling:I'll just go to work now..

Last edited:
Gravy with chips? definitely not. I like to mash whatever the gravy is covering into said gravy and it's not so easy to do that with chips.

Back
Top Bottom