Green peppercorns

Yorky

RIP 21/01/2024
Local time
2:35 PM
[Mod.Edit - this and following few posts moved to form a new topic (MG)]

Steak, I like a peppercorn sauce..............

Must be 6 or 7 years ago that I found this in our Makro branch. I've not seen it since.

greenpepper.jpg

I first experienced green pepper sauce served with fillet steak in a restaurant in Taman Desa, a suburb of Kuala Lumpur, back in the 90s.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never made a peppercorn sauce with green peppercorns. Never thought of it. I wonder if the sauce part is the same as with black peppercorns.

CD

I've never made a peppercorn sauce with green peppercorns. Never thought of it. I wonder if the sauce part is the same as with black peppercorns.

It's a long time ago and I can't even find images at the moment but I think I made the sauce with yoghurt and Worcestershire sauce plus the green pepper, of course, and seasoning.

Must be 6 or 7 years ago that I found this in our Makro branch. I've not seen it since.

View attachment 47257

I first experienced green pepper sauce served with fillet steak in a restaurant in Taman Desa, a suburb of Kuala Lumpur, back in the 90s.

Oddly, you ought to be able to get those easily in Thailand. I've never had fresh ones like this. I'd love to try that peppercorn sauce.

Oddly, you ought to be able to get those easily in Thailand. I've never had fresh ones like this. I'd love to try that peppercorn sauce.

You are correct. According to my wife, Makro (or the other supermarkets) don't have them but the open markets do. She will buy some next time she sees them.

You are correct. According to my wife, Makro (or the other supermarkets) don't have them but the open markets do. She will buy some next time she sees them.

I've ordered some (along with a few other Thai ingredients). I will make green peppercorn sauce in the near future.

CD
Depending on which old school supper club you go to around here, you'll see either "peppercorn sauce," which is black peppercorn, or green peppercorn sauce. I don't know if I've seen them both available at the same place.

I do like them both quite a bit, though.

Depending on which old school supper club you go to around here, you'll see either "peppercorn sauce," which is black peppercorn, or green peppercorn sauce. I don't know if I've seen them both available at the same place.

I do like them both quite a bit, though.

Do you used pickled green peppercorns in the sauce?

Back
Top Bottom