Grilled Vegetables

CraigC

Guru
Local time
4:12 AM
We are having a meal this week of grilled zucchini, yellow squash, eggplant and onions which will be part of a cold pasta salad. How often do you grill vegetables, if you do at all?

Most summers, I grill them on a regular basis. This summer, I have not put any veggies on the grill. My favorite is probably sweet corn on the cob. Asparagus is really good off the grill, too.

CD

I love grilled paprikas with a pinch of salt and olive oil. Also try mixing smashed grilled eggplants with butter, salt and grated mozzarella.

Well I don't have a grill (in the American sense of the word) so I could say never - but I do use a grill pan to char vegetables quite frequently. Firm hearted lettuce wedges are good grilled. This was in April I think:

fullsizeoutput_6273.jpeg

Very rarely, if you mean veggies done directly on the grates. When I am grilling outside, I may wrap some veggies up in tinfoil, butter/oil, and seasonings and toss them on as well.

I have grilled pineapple rings before, and I do have a recipe waiting in the wings for a grilled banana split.

In summer when doing a BBQ outside I do corn smothered in butter and a sprinkle of salt. Wrap in foil and put them on the grill. I do vege kebabs sometimes on the grill as well. In winter I do my kebabs under the grill/broiler inside.
I love the char you get.

Russ

Pretty much every time we bbq. Kebabs of sliced pepper, onion, mushroom, tomato, drizzled with olive oil, salt and pepper and often dried oregano.

Pretty much every time we bbq. Kebabs of sliced pepper, onion, mushroom, tomato, drizzled with olive oil, salt and pepper and often dried oregano.

Other than the tomato, I do the exact same veggie kabobs. Grilled tomatoes are great, but they cook way faster than the other veggies.

CD

Other than the tomato, I do the exact same veggie kabobs. Grilled tomatoes are great, but they cook way faster than the other veggies.

CD
We've just about cracked that one. Oversized cherry tomatoes (2.5-3cm) seem to work if you don't mind the rest of the veg a little crunchy. I am nowhere near cracking chunks of halloumi which always split and fall off the skewer way before anything else is remotely cooked.

We've just about cracked that one. Oversized cherry tomatoes (2.5-3cm) seem to work if you don't mind the rest of the veg a little crunchy. I am nowhere near cracking chunks of halloumi which always split and fall off the skewer way before anything else is remotely cooked.

I took the lazy way out -- if I want grilled tomatoes (always cherry tomatoes), I jut put them on a separate skewer. BTW, I use two-pronged skewers now, especially for veggies. My food doesn't spin when I turn the kabobs over. That always drove me nuts.

CD

Back
Top Bottom