Recipe Ground Pork Soup in a Radish and Ginger Broth

detroitdad

Legendary Member
Local time
3:08 AM
This is a version of my Crab Wonton soup that is also posted in the recipe section. There is enough changes in this to warrant another recipe.

Broth

8 cups of homemade chicken stock
I added a whole onion quartered, handful of green onion stalks, approx a 2 inch cube of a ginger root, handful of halved radishes, peppercorn, whole stems of parsley and dill, fish sauce, and smashed garlic cloves.

I heated it up, then turned it down and simmered it for a few hours.

While the broth was cooking I made the wontons.

Wontons

I combined all of the below ingredients and put them in the wonton wrappers

Ground Pork
5 ounces of cream cheese
Diced green onions
Diced, deseeded jalapeno
grated ginger
salt
pepper
diced fresh dill

I then diced fresh parsley, fresh dill, and thinly sliced a handful of radishes.

I heated the broth to almost a boil. I added in the wontons and sliced radishes. I cooked for approx 3 three minutes. I served it with fresh parsley, fresh dill, and grated ginger.

I'll add the pictures in a second.

Colleen, Jake, and my new Daughter in Law all said that the broth was some of the best that they had. That it was easily restaurant quality.

Thanks for reading.

Bill

These look terrific. It does seem like the broth would be very flavorful...normally, the wonton soup broth is flavorless.

My son texted me a second time this morning to tell me how amazing it was lol. Makes me very happy. Him and I are always critical of each others meals (at our request). He said not to change a thing.

Problem is, I rarely cook with recipes anymore. Especially a dish like this that I have made versions of more than once.

Back
Top Bottom