Had Gallbladder Surgery.

GadgetGuy

(Formerly Shermie)
Local time
12:27 PM
For 2 years, I had stomach pains & didn't know what was causing it. I'd get bloated then came some vomit, but the most painful thing was the excruciating pain in the stomach!! The pain was so bad that it made me lose my appetite & cry sometimes!!
Went to the hospital last week to get some relief , & was told that the gallbladder had to come out. So after having some tests done, it was removed. What a relief that was!!!! I feel so much better now. No more exasperating stomach pains & vomiting!!:wink:

Last edited:
Yikes. Glad you are okay.

How long did it take to fully present, and was it a constant thing? I am just wondering because my mother had her gall bladder out in her 40s, and wondering if it runs in the family because about once ever 3-4 months over the past year (I am late 50s) I have had a bloating with back pain that wakes me up in the middle of the night, and after I vomit it goes away and I am fine the next day. But it's not consistent and after an episode it doesn't bother me again for months. So just curious if it's a gradual thing with occasional episodes or what.

How long did it take to fully present, and was it a constant thing? I am just wondering because my mother had her gall bladder out in her 40s, and wondering if it runs in the family because about once ever 3-4 months over the past year (I am late 50s) I have had a bloating with back pain that wakes me up in the middle of the night, and after I vomit it goes away and I am fine the next day. But it's not consistent and after an episode it doesn't bother me again for months. So just curious if it's a gradual thing with occasional episodes or what.
Years ago, my wife had similar symptoms, off and on for years. They thought it was her gall bladder, then they told her it was ovarian cysts, at one point they looked at endometriosis. She also went through more than one upper GI.

Turned out, it was a very, very slow-growing case of appendicitis. Where TV shows always portray an infection being an immediate thing, it can also, apparently, be very casual about it. It'd get a little infection or irritation going on, swell up a bit, knock her for a loop for several hours or a day or so, then go back down and not trouble her for months at a time.

Finally, she had such a bad attack, she made her umpteenth doc's appointment, and this time, they got it right and they popped it out. This went on for years and years, though - like from around 1991 to 2004.

Glad you're better. Wondered where you had been. I don't know of anyone that has had the op. I'm 100% intact. Wife's had stuff removed.

Russ

My 79 year old dad had his removed last year, he recovered very quickly but he was in a lot of pain and distress so I have an idea of what you went through :hug:

You know, I had back pains also, and they seem to be gone now!! I've batted with that for :ninja: many years!!!!

Last edited:
I need to make an appointment to go see my GP. But I'm afraid of picking up COVID-19 at the doctor's office so it might have to wait until I feel comfortable. Feeling fine at the moment...

Back
Top Bottom