Haier HAF-K25B2 Air Frier.

Better but only by a smidgin. 6/10. Nothing wrong with the taste but they're not very crispy and the colour is still not uniform. Maybe I'm using the wrong variety of spuds but if that is so I'm buggered. We only have one variety available here.

The sausage was just acceptable.

Chip experiment #1 - uniformly (almost) cut chips.

Chip experiment #2 shall be parboiling the potatoes for 5 minutes, allowing them to cool and then banging them in the freezer for an hour.

Can you get frozen chips/fries there? I just watched a review of air fryers, and they indicated that frozen ones did better.

Frozen ones are par-cooked a bit, I think, so you may be on to something.

Can you get frozen chips/fries there? I just watched a review of air fryers, and they indicated that frozen ones did better.

Frozen ones are par-cooked a bit, I think, so you may be on to something.

Yes we can get frozen chips. The local ones are a bit like McDonald's sticks but my Western food supplier does offer "Belgian" frozen chips which I may try next time he visits.

Yes we can get frozen chips. The local ones are a bit like McDonald's sticks but my Western food supplier does offer "Belgian" frozen chips which I may try next time he visits.
I'll say this, the frozen ones they prepared during the review didn't look all that special, they were kind of pale, but they didn't look floppy at all, and the review was from a place I trust (America's Test Kitchen), who take no advertising dollars, so they're supposed to be as unbiased as possible. I've purchased many items based on their reviews and have never been disappointed.

They generally had positive things to say about air fryers overall, but I did note some subtlety, when they summed up everything by cheerfully saying "...and we found air fryers to be almost as good as traditional frying methods!"

They were pleasantly taking about features and frying this and that, and I was getting more and more excited, but then that one little qualifier at the end was enough to put me off.

They retail here at between the equivalent of A$40.00 and A$290.00 depending upon the size, manufacturer and I guess, the quality. The one I bought was A$75.00 (2.50 litres, 1500 W) and came with a set of 5 kitchen knives which I didn't really want.

My wife picked up these New Zealand frozen chips earlier today. I'll give them a go later in the week.

I do frozen chips in the halogen - have you done that before. If not maybe do a comparison between the two and cook half in the halogen and half in the air fryer.

I do frozen chips in the halogen - have you done that before. If not maybe do a comparison between the two and cook half in the halogen and half in the air fryer.

No, I haven't cooked frozen chips for years. My wife will not be impressed if I cook half and half (a lot of washing up) but I could cook one batch one day and another a day or two later.

My wife picked up these New Zealand frozen chips earlier today. I'll give them a go later in the week.

The talleys family live in Nelson, we drive past their home when on holiday up there. They have their own chopper for transport. Rich as. Not a good employer IMHO. We don't buy their products. Not because they are rich, but because of bad press about staff. We support mccains.

Russ

Russ

I discovered today that the bottom of the basket holder gets very hot. It would be prudent to keep a trivet on hand to protect the work surface.

Back
Top Bottom