Haier HAF-K25B2 Air Frier.

First attempt using purchased frozen chips. Next time I shall cut, parboil and freeze my own potatoes.

8/10.

I was going to suggest you did that.

At the end of the day air-frier chips will never be as good as hand cut deep-fried. The main advantage is the saving in calories and that they are easier to cook.

At the end of the day air-frier chips will never be as good as hand cut deep-fried. The main advantage is the saving in calories and that they are easier to cook.

The whole exercise is to keep my wife off my back when frying with deep oil. I apparently splash (or the oil splatters) everywhere which means she has to virtually deconstruct the gas hob to clean it.

The whole exercise is to keep my wife off my back when frying with deep oil. I apparently splash (or the oil splatters) everywhere which means she has to virtually deconstruct the gas hob to clean it.

Maybe you need an electric deep frier instead of the hob...

Maybe you need an electric deep frier instead of the hob...

I've done that and it was a failure. In order to dispose of or clean the oil the whole unit had to be turned upside down and only one fibre filter was provided and it proved impossible to buy new ones unless you lived in USA or Canada. DeLonghi website is closed for enquiries. The unit is now available for collection by the recycle man.

Review - DeLonghi Rotofry F28311

The whole exercise is to keep my wife off my back when frying with deep oil.
Ah you too ! I now know why I'm attracted to your posts (fellow victim). I got bollocked this morning for my dishwasher loading skills and because I did not rinse everything before loading. Nb I forgot to add I was sanctioned earlier for switching it on before 22.00 watershed for cheap electricity.

I know the feeling, though I have a smooth electric cooktop. After deep-frying, I've got to wipe down the cooktop, the hood, the side cabinet, all the knives that are up on a magnetic strip there, the overhead cabinets, the cutting board and all and sundry on the countertop next to the stove.

Hence why I deep-fry maybe three times a year.

I know the feeling, though I have a smooth electric cooktop. After deep-frying, I've got to wipe down the cooktop, the hood, the side cabinet, all the knives that are up on a magnetic strip there, the overhead cabinets, the cutting board and all and sundry on the countertop next to the stove.
Bloody luxury, I have to put the ladder up on the side of the house and clean the external hood vent , clean the window next to the vent. Clean and polish the 22 ladder rungs as I dismount whilst humming
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mis0O8CZk90&ab_channel=GeographicMappingTechnologies%2CCorp

Bloody luxury, I have to put the ladder up on the side of the house and clean the external hood vent , clean the window next to the vent. Clean and polish the 22 ladder rungs as I dismount whilst humming
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mis0O8CZk90&ab_channel=GeographicMappingTechnologies%2CCorp
Oh, lucky you! You've got a ladder! I wish I had a ladder! I've got to climb a tree, jump across to the roof, and polish the shingles, then jump back to the tree and clean off any of the leaves that may have gotten greasy. A ladder! La-dee-dah indeed! :laugh:

Yes, I've watched far too much Monty Python. :)

I've got to climb a tree,
You have a tree! Bloody luxury! I had to chop the tree down and make my ladder out of it using nothing more than a blunt butter knife. Next you bourgeois son of a gun, you will tell me you have a chimney sweeps brush to clean the friggin chimney. I have to climb my ladder get on the roof, drop my keks ( pants not biscuits) and.........wheres my coat.

Last edited:

I will probably try two scenarios.

Cut the chips, parboil them for 5 minutes, then freeze them. For the subsequent cooking I shall need to add a little oil.

Cut the chips and part cook them (5 minutes?), with a little oil in the air fryer. Then freeze them. Subsequent cooking should not need more oil?

I will probably try two scenarios.

Cut the chips, parboil them for 5 minutes, then freeze them. For the subsequent cooking I shall need to add a little oil.

Cut the chips and part cook them (5 minutes?), with a little oil in the air fryer. Then freeze them. Subsequent cooking should not need more oil?
Yes Master !

These were cut, soaked, dried then air fried with a little oil for 5 minutes. Then frozen in a container. Two days later dumped straight into the air fryer and cooked, shaking frequently, for a further 15 minutes.

I was not really impressed.

Before I forget, this is the result of blanched in salted water, then frozen and subsequently dumped in the air fryer without defrosting.

Back
Top Bottom