Hand Kitchen Equipment

Berties

Guru
Local time
7:27 PM
As the title says what hand kitchen equipment do you use
Old or new does not matter ,just items of kitchen ware that does not require electric, may be a story to tell why you use it
I will start with a hand juicer , got it near Valencia in Spain at a market ,use it a lot
image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have quite a bit to be honest. I never really gave it much thought

• A standard pestal and mortar (as well as a coffee bean grinder that has never seen a coffee bean!)
  • Various hand whisks and the likes
  • I'm sure there is more, I just can't think right now!
swift-L-hand-rotary-whisk.jpg

I have quite a bit to be honest. I never really gave it much thought

• A standard pestal and mortar (as well as a coffee bean grinder that has never seen a coffee bean!)
  • Various hand whisks and the likes
  • I'm sure there is more, I just can't think right now!
View attachment 817
my sister and law just picked up a mint condition whisk like this one in a box original from years back,for pennies and they are great quality and really useful
and where would we be with out a pestal and mortar..so many times it gets used
another retro device is a hand mincer mine is older version of this one,again great bit of ageless kit
mincer.jpg

Last edited:
my sister and law just picked up a mint condition whisk like this one in a box original from years back,for pennies and they are great quality and really useful
and where would we be with out a pestal and mortar..so many times it gets used
another retro device is a hand mincer mine is older version of this one,again great bit of ageless kit
View attachment 821
Yep - mine came in its 1950's or 1960's both. One of the old really nice ones. I must try to find another one sometime just in case this one gives up. I paid 50p for mine. It was still attached to the cardboard in the box. They are much better quality that the ones that are around now new.

I hadn't quite realised until I thought about it that I hardly use any electric gadgets with the exception of a blending stick and a spice grinder. My favourite hand tools are microplane, mandolin and julienne cutter. I sometimes use an old mouli legume, which is great for making soups (unlike a blender, it filters out course bits and you can adjust the texture using the different inserts).

mouli.jpg

I hadn't quite realised until I thought about it that I hardly use any electric gadgets with the exception of a blending stick and a spice grinder. My favourite hand tools are microplane, mandolin and julienne cutter. I sometimes use an old mouli legume, which is great for making soups (unlike a blender, it filters out course bits and you can adjust the texture using the different inserts).

View attachment 833
I have used a mouli for a long time
Some one broke it last week by trying to force whole cooked crabs for a bisque through it , let's put it this way it's not been the same since

image.jpg

What about this? , I saw one for sale on Saturday

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 262
Back
Top Bottom