Hand Kitchen Equipment

Psastry blender..jpg
oxo-pastry-cutter.jpg

How about THESE? I have the pastry blender & several of the scrapers. :wink:

Anyone got a spiralizer? I bought one recently. It makes spaghetti from vegetables, like courgettes. The one I bought was really cheap compared to some on the market and works quite well. Great fun!
61ouW4WzvjL._SL1000_.jpg

Anyone got a spiralizer? I bought one recently. It makes spaghetti from vegetables, like courgettes. The one I bought was really cheap compared to some on the market and works quite well. Great fun!
View attachment 990

I recently heard about them for the first time, and am intrigued. As you said, there are some inexpensive models, and I like that the one you've posted comes with the cleaning brush and case, as well as a recipe book. I will probably buy one eventually, especially when I see all that it can do.

These gadgets are great. I haven't seen a hand egg beater in years. I do not have alot of kitchen gadgets and the few I do have are electric.

I have seen the ad on tv for the spiralizer, now that it is summer I may get one for quick lite meals. I eat mostly vegetables and fruit which would make the spiralizer ideal for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I recently heard about them for the first time, and am intrigued. As you said, there are some inexpensive models, and I like that the one you've posted comes with the cleaning brush and case, as well as a recipe book. I will probably buy one eventually, especially when I see all that it can do.
I think it cost about £11 (17 dollars?). It doesn't really do much else except courgettes and carrots, in my experience so far (and carrots are more difficult to do). I suppose you could do other root veg but I haven't tried.

I think it cost about £11 (17 dollars?). It doesn't really do much else except courgettes and carrots, in my experience so far (and carrots are more difficult to do). I suppose you could do other root veg but I haven't tried.

Yes, the prices vary. I watched a short video on them one day (I think it was on Amazon, on a product listing for one of the spiralizers), and I believe they showed zucchini and summer squash, carrots, cucumbers, potatoes, and others, as well. What are courgettes?

Kitchen equipment is wasted on me. These days I stay away from the stores and the television ads. There was a time I used to try to get my hand on way too many pieces which ended up being used once or twice. I can no longer afford the overstocking.

Yes, the prices vary. I watched a short video on them one day (I think it was on Amazon, on a product listing for one of the spiralizers), and I believe they showed zucchini and summer squash, carrots, cucumbers, potatoes, and others, as well. What are courgettes?
Another example of Us/UK translation! Yes @SatNavSaysStraightOn , I think the translation tool would be useful! :thumbsup: Courgettes are zucchini!

Back
Top Bottom