Happy Christmas from CookingBites

Sretan Božić. Chestita Koleda. Merry Christmas.
🌾🌠🍀
We transisioned from a chicken soup after my daughter had a 1 day stomach infection, to rice and pork chops marinated in dark beer, soy sauce, garlic and onion, some thyme,basil...she is fine now. But we missed the Nutcracker ballet that we bought tickets for in November, because it sells out instantly. Anyways, am happy she is fine now...

I worked online the 23rd...

I was too exhausted to cook anything else...we still have those for today.

I did make my homemade no sugar added pralines, dark chocolate,dates,coconut flour,cinnamon, coconut butter.

She baked gingerbread cookies.

Igor gifted me a Teflon pan, happy to explore meals on a new pan level.

Tomoroww is lunch at my parents.

My writing is a bit off,sorry, will get it right...glad to see you all vibrant and creative here👍🤗💞

The wheat is for decoration only ,by tradition it symbolizes hope, growth, health. It grew more, but I did not take a newer picture.

Cheese and leek soup
img_20211225_154213.jpg

Almond coated trout, cream vegetables (parsnip, savoy cabbage, carrot) on potato puree because the dauphine potatoes didn't worked out
img_20211225_154455.jpg

Whipped cream on gingerbread cookies and jam
img_20211225_154616.jpg

The soup was a total failure, I forgot to look for cheese that can smelt, the main dish was pretty good, even without out dauphine potatoes and the dessert was pretty easy to make but did taste very good. We had a German Riesling wine to it, he was easy to drink, nothing special, nothing to brag about.

I had two pieces of pecan pie! That shot of bourbon I added, adding an extra egg, and lowering the sugar by 2 tbsp skyrocketed the flavor, wow. I heated it and added whipped cream before eating..yum.

My first piece i topped with cookie pieces, (that's another story). But it looks like a St. Bernard dog I think.

Last edited:
Those were for Christmas Eve past lol.....We decided not to open for NYE at the restaurant so not sure what we're doing. We passed on a house party. But there will be food.
Oh, ok, I was remembering something about a tasting menu mentioned previously but couldn't recall which holiday.

Back
Top Bottom