Has anyone bought accessories for their Stand Mixers yet?

I'd guess that most people don't need one. TR does, IMO, because of the amount of bread he makes. I don't "need" one, but I like having it.

I have the meat grinder, and do use it. I want to get the sausage attachment to make my own lower sodium sausages. I also want to get the beater with the silicone scraper, so I don't have to mess with scraping the bowl down with a spatula while mixing.

CD
I am lucky in that I have enough space in my pantry, cupboards, and just on my kitchen counter to have a bunch of stuff I rarely use but like, LOL. Well we do have some fancy wine openers still in the box sitting on a shelf in the pantry and they will probably just stay there. Hubby likes the old fashioned waiter's wine key that he was given by a family member years ago and I am happy with however he gets the bottle open!

But I am interested in that pasta attachment and this fall it's going to get some use. I have been using up the boxed pasta in my pantry first before breaking it out, but some homemade ravioli would be nice to try (after we get down simple long spaghetti and such first).

I'd guess that most people don't need one. TR does, IMO, because of the amount of bread he makes.
Today’s bread is a good example. Focaccia dough (at least the recipe I use) is very wet and a real pain to knead by hand, so the stand mixer was much appreciated.

Not unless you bake cakes, cookies or bread. I i¡couldn't do that stuff by hand.
My mum baked cakes and cookies (and I baked bread) ALL by hand. Wouldn´t dream of doing it any other way. If you´ve ever seen a show called "Pasta Grannies", you´ll see Italian nonnas making pasta by hand and kneading dough... and they´re often over 90 years old.
I guess it´s a choice between traditional and modern.

My mum baked cakes and cookies (and I baked bread) ALL by hand. Wouldn´t dream of doing it any other way. If you´ve ever seen a show called "Pasta Grannies", you´ll see Italian nonnas making pasta by hand and kneading dough... and they´re often over 90 years old.
I guess it´s a choice between traditional and modern.
I am sure that some of them who might have arthritis would take the modern technology in a hearbeat! My mom would have loved it.

I am sure that some of them who might have arthritis would take the modern technology in a hearbeat! My mom would have loved it.
Yeah, that’s what I would assume. Not everyone, of course, but go back 150 years and bring someone a stand mixer (and the magic to run it, of course), and they’d flip over it. If everyone wanted traditional, we’d still be riding in wagons and cooking in the fireplace.

Not everyone, of course, but go back 150 years and bring someone a stand mixer (and the magic to run it, of course), and they’d flip over it
I´d respectfully disagree, at least on the European side. They´d probably think: "Why the heck do I need a great big clumsy machine when I can do the whole thing by hand and not spend so much money on a machine?"

I´d respectfully disagree, at least on the European side. They´d probably think: "Why the heck do I need a great big clumsy machine when I can do the whole thing by hand and not spend so much money on a machine?"
Kinda sounded like they were being gifted the magical machine and the electricity. They'd not want to pay for it I am sure!

Kinda sounded like they were being gifted the magical machine and the electricity. They'd not want to pay for it I am sure!
Yes, since we’re playing fantasy time travel.

I just think of all the people it took to run a kitchen back then, and you hand them a machine that can do twice the work in half the time with 3/4 fewer people…they’re taking that machine 99 times out of 100.

All you have to do is look at food processors, lawn mowers, washing machines, and other labor-saving devices - most people want those. Not everyone (as I frequently mention my wringer-washing grandmom and my woodstove-cooking mom as exceptions), but most do.

There is a UK cooking show I watch ever episode, and they use a Kenwood stand mixer on a regular basis. I can't imagine Kenwood only sold one of those things.

Hey, people "on the European side" eat McDonalds and KFC, just like us unrefined and lazy Muricans.

CD

I DID have to buy these parts for the Globe SP08 mixer, which I bought used from Ebay, plus the 8-qt bowl - things that usually come with a mixer as standard equipment! I Ebay sells some of the larger mixers without the bowl & beaters, & I'll NEVER do that again, also I bought the Beater Blade, which I ended up returning to Amazon for a refund because the thing would not fit onto the mixer's drive shaft. Seems that the Beater Blade is only being made to accommodate KA mixers! That's so unfair, as there are a lot more mixer brands out there besides KA mixers! 😡

Last edited:
Hey, people "on the European side" eat McDonalds and KFC, just like us unrefined and lazy Muricans

oh, dead right they do - and many of them are just as unrefined and lazy. My mum (94) was having a rant about the Shopping Centre the other day:
"All those awful scruffy children covered in tattoos, wearing old jeans with holes in them !Shuffling around chewing on food in BUNS! Imagine!! Food in BUNS!! Where are their manners?" :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
1660904431270.png

oh, dead right they do - and many of them are just as unrefined and lazy. My mum (94) was having a rant about the Shopping Centre the other day:
"All those awful scruffy children covered in tattoos, wearing old jeans with holes in them !Shuffling around chewing on food in BUNS! Imagine!! Food in BUNS!! Where are their manners?" :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
View attachment 89314
I know you're just joking around, but I don't see any tattoos or jeans with holes in the pic, lol.

I have a meat grinder attachment for my Kitchenaid. I've only used it once, so not sure it was worth it. Though if I get into a sausage making mood then I'll be happy.

Back
Top Bottom