Has anyone ever criticized your cooking?

akasha24

Veteran
Local time
6:52 PM
I cook with a little more seasoning than my mum and she always criticizes my cooking but I criticize hers because it has no taste :D :D

YES! MY HUSBAND! He'd tell me 'it's too plain' or 'are you sure you put enough salt' . It's funny because I always think his cooking is always too salty! when we go out to eat and he orders something that he says 'it's good but it's kinda salty' then it means I'd probably need a lot of water eating that food.

My boyfriend is exactly the same :D I think men taste everything differently, I always tell him if he doesn't like what I put in front of him, he can cook for himself :) Then he says "oh no, this is fine" :D When he cooked for me my tongue was on fire and I nearly threw up :D

As I cook as a job,you get comments to hot to cold to wet to dry,to long a wait to quick,to much not enough,to pink to well done and so on
dont get many complaints just comments,to many experts ,never get comments on seasoning,would rather under season and let the experts add from there cruets

I live by a motto when I cook. If everyone loves my food, I probably did something wrong. One of my favorite foods to cook is chili. How can you cook chili to satisfy everyone? I love my chili sizzling with spices, rich in a variety of fresh peppers and onions simmered for hours. Many of my friends find my chili too spicy. Now, who is right and who is wrong?

It is the same when your family members complain about too much salt, pepper, or other seasonings. You cannot season food to satisfy everyone. You need to cook it to satisfy the person most important to you. That might be yourself, your significant other, your kids, or guests, but realize you are unlikely to satisfy everyone every time.

Switching back to my chili, it is a recipe that is commented on strongly by two groups. Either people tend to love it, or they find it overwhelmingly hot. Since my family love and I it hot, guess which way I will keep cooking it? I do sometimes make a second batch with half the peppers for guests, but I always label that bowl "Chili for Wimps", before putting it on the table. That always stirs up a few laughs.

One of the reasons why l don't cook for other people is because l don't want anyone moaning about my food! My other half complains now and again but that's ok he is allowed to moan sometimes.

I get criticized by my sister whrn it comes to my cooking. I will think it's good, but she usually says it's alright. She once told me her cooking was good, but mine is just alright. I don't really care how she sees my cooking. I like it and my opinion is the only one I pay attention to.

Sure, but not unfairly. There are times when I try out something new, or mess up a recipe a bit. I don't really mind as long as it isn't said unkindly.

I hardly let anyone else but my sister eat my cooking. I let only one other person who was not family taste my cooking. She said it was good. That made me feel good when she saud that.

I think if you cook a lot, by the law of averages there are going to be times when it doesn't turn out right. I don't mind if someone criticises then - in fact I'm my own biggest critic. However, I know a few people who never seem happy with anything, even when they eat in restaurants, and I tend to say to them, 'Why don't you do your own cooking, seeing you're never satisfied with anything anyone else cooks?' I don't have patience for people like that, I'm afraid.

I think if you cook a lot, by the law of averages there are going to be times when it doesn't turn out right. I don't mind if someone criticises then - in fact I'm my own biggest critic. However, I know a few people who never seem happy with anything, even when they eat in restaurants, and I tend to say to them, 'Why don't you do your own cooking, seeing you're never satisfied with anything anyone else cooks?' I don't have patience for people like that, I'm afraid.
I do not have much patience with people like that either. I feel that they should think about how other people fell when you are not satisfied with the cooking they put a lot of effort into. How would they feel if someone did that to them.

Yeah I remember during my teenage days when I was making eggs, I ended up putting in a lot of pepper and my dad gave an honest and not so good feedback. That kind of put me off and I never cooked again. With some maturity after few years, I realized that my Dad's feedback was the most appropriate thing that could have happened to me and that should have been taken in the right spirit.

When I realized that, I started again. So, that's my story.

I love a lot of flavor in my food and so does my mom but apparently she likes it a little more then I do haha. When I first started cooking my mom would give me pointers so make that certain dish a little better. Over the years I've learned a lot and everyone loves my cooking. My boyfriend especially now :)

So far I never heard any complaints regarding the food I prepared. Maybe because I always tell them before eating that whoever will comment regrding my food, I will buy the same ingredients and he/she do the cooking.:) I guess it is working.

My husband does often. His family likes to fry everything that they can get their hands on and put loads of salt in dishes to boot. I don't like to fry anything and if I do fry something I would rather oven fry it as opposed to letting it soak up lots of grease in a frying pan. He complains about this. I tell him if he wants it fried to jump on in the kitchen and fry it up.

Back
Top Bottom