Has anyone ever criticized your cooking?

You cannot learn without making mistakes and people telling you were you went wrong. Cooking is not different in my opinion. I learned a from many different people, who ate what I made and suggested improvements to the meal, and those little secrets and tricks are really awesome most of the time.
Agreed, I rate that is the best way to think about it.

I do get criticized sometimes, but not vocally. I mostly just see it in my family's eyes if what I've made was sub-par, which I only see because I look out for it because I somehow know I've failed at a certain dish, so it really is okay with me when this happens because I am usually already expecting it. Conversely, I also see joy in their eyes when I cook something nice, so I guess it all evens out.

My dad criticizes my cooking all the time, in fact, he's one of the people that I hope to please the most! My mom will grin and bare whatever I make, which makes me happy because she appreciates my effort, but my dad will complain. I remember I made yellow Dhal (split peas) and it tasted REALLY good with the white rice I made. My dad said that it tasted just like my mom's, gosh, I felt so amazing after he said that. :) Everything was bang on and I didn't measure a single thing :geek:

Back
Top Bottom