Haslet

Please tell me that is something that hasn't been sold since the sixties.

I've really no idea, having not lived in Britain since '94. However, they were still on sale around that time.

I've really no idea, having not lived in Britain since '94. However, they were still on sale around that time.
I've not seen them in supermarkets, but most decent butchers make their own. I bought some last year and loved them. My wife wasn't impressed, but then she doesn't like haggis either.

I've not seen them in supermarkets, but most decent butchers make their own. I bought some last year and loved them. My wife wasn't impressed, but then she doesn't like haggis either.

They have the Brains brand it in most supermarkets if you look. They come frozen.

Please tell me that is something that hasn't been sold since the sixties.

CD

On sale at most supermarkets:

I think perhaps too much milk? Did you squeeze the bread after soaking to remove excess milk?

Yes.

Shoved it in a big sieve and squeezed and squeezed it. Then let it drain some more for about 30 minutes and squeezed again.

OK. Is it cooked yet?

Yes.

About 1 hour 10 minutes in the halogen at 175°C. After 10 minutes I covered the dish with tin foil to stop it burning.

I've poked it with a skewer and it still feels soft but if I press on the crust with my hand it feels solid.

It's cooling now which may take some time.

Whatever it ends up looking like I shall eat it because it smells divine!

It's cooling now which may take some time.

When it had virtually cooled I turned the whole thing over and it was a bit pale on the underside (although quite solid). I put it back in the halogen to brown the underside which means I will have to await it cooling down again before I can cut it.

Maybe I'll wait until morning.

It better be good considering the amount of work I've put into it!

Back
Top Bottom