Have you ever frozen these foods?

I would never consider freezing raw potatoes in the first place, why would you?
Similarly I wouldn't consider freezing eggs in their shells, of course they will (and do) crack.
Again why would anyone want to freeze (intentionally that is) canned out tinned food? that's not to say I haven't had things freeze on me in the car when camping in minutes figures. I've used those tins frozen without issue mind you, but mine were never damaged by the freezing and obviously vegetarian, usually vegan (simply by what's in them) and never a concern.
Hot food? why would you? I wouldn't put hot food in the fridge, why would I put it in the freezer?

Breadcrumbs I keep routinely in the freezer. I have some in the now and have brevet had any issues, but they are kept in an airtight double zip lock bag and I fail to see how they could go soggy when no moisture can get in.
Watermelon? I've frozen it. usually when overripe and for the chooks to eat. they can't get enough of it and I haven't heard any complaints about it going mushy. it doesn't last long enough. (bare in mind that watermelon is typically around $1.25/kg here and exceptionally cheap and easy to get hold of).

Back
Top Bottom