Help choose 'Dish of the month' June 2022

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
10:17 AM
'Dish of the Month' focusses on an accessible and generic dish, so that if they wish, members can join in, cook and post the results. Its non competitive. So far we have had frittata, burgers, pizza and tortilla based dishes, savoury pies, pasta salad, pancakes/waffles, gratins and kebabs, meatloaf, chilli, risotto and currently, macaroni cheese.

New suggestions are welcome but it needs to be a dish with fairly easily available ingredients in our various countries and a dish which offers the chance for different interpretations. Past suggestions have included potato salad, eggs Benedict/Royale, vegetable soup, pho, dumplings (any sort) and tacos.

Please feel free to support one of these suggestions or add new ones, with the above criteria in mind. We will make a decision based on which dish gets most mentions, so please join in and support a suggestion or come up with another idea.

Tacos tied last month with macaroni cheese. Please note, that we have already had 'tortilla based dishes' in the past...

I keep getting swamped with work projects so I won't have time to participate most likely. I have time to cook this weekend, but it's still May...no parties, cookouts, or events coming up in June that would require me to make potato salad (since I don't really like it and only make it for other people). But since I probably won't contribute, my vote on this doesn't count!

Are you going to abstain from voting this round, or commit to a candidat…I mean, dish?

I think we need some snappy campaign slogans. I’ll have to think about that.

:laugh: I was just waiting to see if any other dish came forward to beckon me. However, in this particular voting system we can vote for more than one candidate anyway.

Jersey Royals are in season here so that is influencing me rather...

“Keep Your Salad Days Going - Vote Potato Salad!”

“One Potato, Two Potato,
Three Potato, Four,
A Vote For Potato Salad
Will Make Your Palate Soar!”

Back
Top Bottom