Help choose 'Dish of the month' June 2022

I'm happy with dumplings.

My girls are not laying for the first time in 5 years, so anything with eggs is a no go.
And with 50cm of snow predicted in the Australian Alps on Wednesday, and snow down to 600m elsewhere, I'm not that interested in a potato salad. Cold stuff isn't cutting it for me and a hot potato salad just turns my stomach at the thought of it, so dumplings because I can't think of anything else, though I do think a pizza might be on the radar this month....

“Vote Now Or Later, But Vote For Tater!”

I think I'm going to be a traitor and go with eggs Benedict.

Screen Shot 2022-05-29 at 8.07.18 PM.jpg

CD

I'm sticking with my choice, but as a few ideas for others for either this month or other months..

Stifatho - a Greek dish featuring traditionally beef or hare cooked in red wine & red wine vinegar with a serious quantity of cinnamon served over rice. (I make it with mushrooms).

Yorkshire pudding or toad in the hole

Pasties, as in Cornish pasty or cheese & onion pasty, so pretty much anything in a pasty shape with any filling you fancy. Great picnic food and will work in colder weather as well

Croissant or pain au chocolat (I'd love to try to make a vegan version, just need an excuse)

Börek, filo/phyllo pastry filled with pretty much anything really. Similar to a pasty but with phyllo and make the same size as a medium to large pizza and served in slices, hot or cold.

Balti, vegetable or beef or chicken etc

Tacos - I've found a recipe to make Jackfruit tacos,

Moroccan Tagine, doesn't need a dedicated tagine to cook it in and it's been a while since I cooked Moroccan.

Roulade, filled with pretty much anything and can be served hot or cold

A stir fry?

Falafels

Tamales & Mole, Mexican dish

Loaded or twice baked jacket potatoes

I'm sticking with my choice, but as a few ideas for others for either this month or other months..

Stifatho - a Greek dish featuring traditionally beef or hare cooked in red wine & red wine vinegar with a serious quantity of cinnamon served over rice. (I make it with mushrooms).

Yorkshire pudding or toad in the hole

Pasties, as in Cornish pasty or cheese & onion pasty, so pretty much anything in a pasty shape with any filling you fancy. Great picnic food and will work in colder weather as well

Croissant or pain au chocolat (I'd love to try to make a vegan version, just need an excuse)

Börek, filo/phyllo pastry filled with pretty much anything really. Similar to a pasty but with phyllo and make the same size as a medium to large pizza and served in slices, hot or cold.

Balti, vegetable or beef or chicken etc

Tacos - I've found a recipe to make Jackfruit tacos,

Moroccan Tagine, doesn't need a dedicated tagine to cook it in and it's been a while since I cooked Moroccan.

Roulade, filled with pretty much anything and can be served hot or cold

A stir fry?

Falafels

Tamales & Mole, Mexican dish

Loaded or twice baked jacket potatoes
If Potato Salad wins, I’m not sure it’ll be able to form a government with all these splinter dishes! 😬

Sad for you - I don't think anyone can get them unless they are in the Channel Isles or UK. Possibly they are available in Northern France. They are very special.

But are you voting for anything?

Potato salad sounds OK for me. I should be able to knock one up with ingredients I can find here.

Or dumplings of course.

Back
Top Bottom