Help choose 'Dish of the month' June 2022

:laugh: I was just waiting to see if any other dish came forward to beckon me. However, in this particular voting system we can vote for more than one candidate anyway.

Jersey Royals are in season here so that is influencing me rather...
Jersey Royals? Guess I had better Google. OK. Figured it was a potato just never heard of it.

I just got a request for my potato salad...for our 4th of July family gathering, LOL.

Now, I ask you, friends and neighbors, let’s just look at a dumpling for a minute…everything wrapped up in some kind of dough. Folks, do the good people of this forum even know what’s in that dumpling? I demand to know: what are you hiding, Dumpling?! The people deserve an answer!

And Eggs Benedict?! Eggs Royale?! Are we all monarchists now?! I think not! And the only two Benedicts I know are Arnold and Bumbercratch…er, Thunderscratch…er, I can’t even get his name right, good people! How can you vote for something you can’t even name?!

Now, I’ll concede that Potato Salad isn’t the glamorous choice, it isn’t the trendy choice, but folks, it’s the solid choice! You know where you stand with Potato Salad, it’s right out there in the open, nothing to hide, and I know that good, freedom-loving folks like you all are will cast your vote for the one choice…the right choice…the only choice: Potato Salad! 🗳 🥔

And Eggs Benedict?! Eggs Royale?! Are we all monarchists now?! I think not! And the only two Benedicts I know are Arnold and Bumbercratch…er, Thunderscratch…er, I can’t even get his name right, good people! How can you vote for something you can’t even name?!

Now, I’ll concede that Potato Salad isn’t the glamorous choice, it isn’t the trendy choice, but folks, it’s the solid choice! You know where you stand with Potato Salad, it’s right out there in the open, nothing to hide, and I know that good, freedom-loving folks like you all are will cast your vote for the one choice…the right choice…the only choice: Potato Salad! 🗳 🥔
But I put eggs in my potato salad, probably 1/3 eggs 2/3 potatoes.

But I put eggs in my potato salad, probably 1/3 eggs 2/3 potatoes.
When we cross the aisle to work together, good things can happen for everyone. Just keep in mind when voting, eggs in potato salad is a vote for Potato Salad, good people! Leave the Benedicts and Royales back where they belong, on the dung heap of history!

Now give me a baby to shake and a hand to kiss!

When we cross the aisle to work together, good things can happen for everyone. Just keep in mind when voting, eggs in potato salad is a vote for Potato Salad, good people! Leave the Benedicts and Royales back where they belong, on the dung heap of history!

I guess I can do that...in July when I make it, LOL. But don't you go knocking my eggs Benes, either, dude. Love them thangs.

Last edited:

I'm in hysterics of laughter and that last line is totally brilliant. Why the hell aren't you writing for a living?

Back to business. I fear we are frightening members off. To update, the current favourites are:

Potato salad
Egg benedict/royale
Dumplings (any sort)

Members, feel free to add suggestions or 'vote' for one of the above.

I’ll end my campaigning with one last push for votes:

20 score and some odd minutes ago, Morning Glory brought forth, upon this forum, a call to select a new dish of the month, conceived in deliciousness, and dedicated to the proposition that one dish shall be chosen above all others.

I say, ask not what Potato Salad can do for you, but what you can do for Potato Salad! Other dishes may turn away and leave you wanting more, but I have only one thing to say: they can turn if they want to, but Potato Salad’s not for turning! Potato Salad shall fight on the forum, it shall fight in the threads, it shall fight in the media gallery and in the PM’s, it shall never surrender!

Potato Salad!!! 😩

<collapses in exhaustion>

(Just sing along to the Beatles: Get Back Potato salad)
Once I had a salad,
It had no potato,
I was very sad all day.
Then I went back home and
Ate potato salad
All my troubles went away.
We want spuds!
We want spuds!
Those spuds just make us rock and roll!
We want spuds!
We want spuds!
Those spuds are gonna make my dayyyyy!

(Just sing along to the Beatles: Get Back Potato salad)
Once I had a salad,
It had no potato,
I was very sad all day.
Then I went back home and
Ate potato salad
All my troubles went away.
We want spuds!
We want spuds!
Those spuds just make us rock and roll!
We want spuds!
We want spuds!
Those spuds are gonna make my dayyyyy!
What about periogies? Those are potato dumplings, right?

I'm keen on eggs benedict/royale

My campaign slogans:

Be glad you picked eggs benedict!

Don't be banal. Cook eggs royale!
I am with you on the eggs. I would much rather cook eggs. And that's something I make a few times a month and will have time to do on weekends, so I vote for eggs Benedict or Royale (but I gotta look up Royale cuz I dunno what that is).

I just looked up eggs Royale and I have eaten those dozens of times and didn't know it. Actually, I have eaten a variation that not only has smoked salmon in it but also scallops and shrimp in the sauce that tops the eggs. Yum! I say heck yeah on either of those!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom