Help us choose Dish of the Month for April!

Please cast a vote for the dish you would prefer as Dish of the Month: April

• Pizza

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Potato Salad

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Macaroni Cheese

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I thought challah was served at passover? But I'm no authority. I suppose for us non religious, Easter is a bit like Christmas. Its a traditional celebration which has become quite far removed from Christianity. Taken to pagan roots (from whence the celebration times were were decided by Christans!) the celebrations were simply to mark seasonal changes. But I digress. If we choose bread it will need to be generic - just like burgers and frittata. So - any sort of bread or buns including celebratory!

I think I'll need to put up a quick poll (as @medtran49 suggests) and allow two choices per member to narrow this down. I'll wait until later today to see if any one else responds.

Bread is not allowed. Unleavened bread - matzo is eaten instead. Cake is tricky. I think Flourless (chocolate) cake or matzo/matzo cake meal can be consumed.

Last edited:
The front runners with most support ((based on the number of positive mentions in the thread) are Pizza, Potato Salad and Macaroni Cheese.

I'll add a quick poll for those three. Please can everyone make one vote even if you have already mentioned your preferences in the thread. No more suggestions please... :) This is reminding me of the current House of Commons votes on Brexit alternatives! :laugh:

Last edited:
As @detroitdad said, I'm very interested in what we can do with mac and cheese or potato salad. They're theoretically such humble side dishes, but there's also a huge variety of ways to change the pieces to make something different. If it's okay to use some other root vegetable in place of potato, I'd be even happier to pick the (root vegetable) salad.

As @detroitdad said, I'm very interested in what we can do with mac and cheese or potato salad. They're theoretically such humble side dishes, but there's also a huge variety of ways to change the pieces to make something different. If it's okay to use some other root vegetable in place of potato, I'd be even happier to pick the (root vegetable) salad.

Its a light-hearted thing so I'm sure if Potato Salad wins the popular vote we can include alternative root veg.

I've gone with Mac and cheese because it's too cold here now for potato salad (first frost due this weekend) and hubby and I have a mac and cheese option that is vegan that we want to turn into a dehydrated version for ease of taking away with us. So I will work on dehydrating the vegan cheese sauce. Questions will be asked later as to some possible issues or solutions, next week for testing it out the first weekend of April (when daylight saving finishes on NSW Australia ).

I've gone with Mac and cheese because it's too cold here now for potato salad (first frost due this weekend)

Warm potato salad is possible and rather good - but I'm easy with any of the options.

we want to turn into a dehydrated version for ease of taking away with us. So I will work on dehydrating the vegan cheese sauce.

I'm curious - why dehydrate it? Can't it be put in a container and reheated?

...the only issue I have with macaroni cheese is that I can't see wanting to make it more than once in April (maybe twice). Pizza and potato salad offer more variety perhaps so I can see me making those options 3 or 4 times.

Lotsa options with pasta salad. Thought I mentioned it, but can't recall.

Back
Top Bottom