Herbal Teas

Do you like them?

• Total voters
I like herbal teas, but not all of them. My favorite herbal tea by far has to be Celestial Seasons Bengal Spice tea.It is delisiouc and spicy and I really like it. It is by far my favorite herbal tea but sadly they don't sell it in a lot of places. I usually have to go far and wide to find it. Which is a bit of a problem.

Mostly not - so I voted no. So many of them are an unappealing colour and taste sort of 'uriney' or 'muddy'... well, they do to me. I tend to like liquorice and/or vanilla types.

I drink herbal teas for the health properties. I like to drink peppermint tea for an upset stomach. Peppermint tea can help with bloating, nausea, and gas. Another herbal tea I drank a lot when I was pregnant was ginger tea. It's great for nausea. Chamomile tea is great for relaxation and for insomnia. Other teas like rooibos tea are high in antioxidants. Celestial Seasonings has a nice bedtime tea called Sleepy Time tea. It has a nice minty flavour.

Mostly not - so I voted no. So many of them are an unappealing colour and taste sort of 'uriney' or 'muddy'... well, they do to me. I tend to like liquorice and/or vanilla types.

The colour also turns me off for a lot of herbal teas. Sometimes I think to myself "oh - the teabag smells lovely!" but then by the time I've brewed it, I look at the contents of the mug and think hmmm - maybe not!

I enjoy all kinds of herbal teas but I live in Asia so I suppose it's a given. We'd have green teas, chamomile, peppermint, lavender, some local tea leaves like tarragon and even spicy teas like ginger with a little honey. Green tea also has caffeine so it's a natural alternative to coffee if you don't want to get that jittery feeling and ginger tea is great for coughs and colds.

They are good for syrups ,lemon and ginger is a good one !even for scenting brûlées

They are good for syrups ,lemon and ginger is a good one !even for scenting brûlées
Its interesting you mention this. I was thinking about how herbal or flavoured teas could be used in cooking as quite frankly, I'd rather cook with them than drink them! I was wondering about using liquorice tea to poach fish - I know that liquorice flavour goes with fish (strange as it may seem to some). Its because its akin to aniseed which is a well known partner to fish (fennel, fennel seeds etc.) I may try this idea when I get back home. I'm cooking away from home at the moment.

I tend to border more on the 'no' side of things but I do drink them because it feels like it's the right thing to do based on the fact that many are supposed to be so healthy. The odd one has a nice flavour but I really wouldn't kill for many if any of them.

I voted "yes" even though I don't drink herbal tea often. @purplepen88 mentioned Peppermint tea which I'll have to try because I always seem to be bloated. Lately I have been drinking Pomegranate green tea, it's actually quite tasty. There are a couple of tea shops in the local mall but I haven't gone into either one because it seems ridiculous to me to spend so much money on a cup of tea when I can just go to the grocery store and buy a box of Celestial teas for much cheaper. Not to mention the fact that you go into one of those tea shops and end up buying half the store because you never knew you needed all sorts of contraptions just to make a cup of tea.

I am not really fond of many herbal teas. The ones I like to drink are lemon and ginger tea as well as the plain ginger tea. I would also drink green tea because I know it has a lot of health benefits and is also big on antioxidants. However, I have not had this in a long time. So mine is a yes and no sort of thing, since I drink very few of them.

Just curious - why herbal 'tea' ? Tea is tea made from tea. Tea is not a method of preparation it is a specific product. Why not herbal coffee ? or herbal squash ? After all if you make orange squash from lemons it becomes lemon squash not lemon orange squash.
Sorry - just wondering

We have a brand of herbal tea here in South Africa which is vanilla mixed with rooibos tea. It is a delicious option to normal rooibos tea.
For those who would like to know.... Rooibos tea is a tea with a nutritional value right up there with green tea! It is filled with antioxidants. It can be slightly bitter if you don't add milk or sugar hence the reason for the vanilla rooibos tea. With a hint of vanilla, it is delicious!

I absolutely love herbal teas, they are my favourite kind.

I often drink black tea with milk and sugar, or just with lemon but I always have a big mug of mint or thyme tea on my desk. One of my favourite things is making them for myself at spring or summertime. Just tearing a small branch off your thyme and putting it in hot water really gives you a nice, fresh feeling of nature.

I voted yes. I do like buying good quality herbal teas and tasting various different kinds of flavors. I have discovered while I like to experiment, my go to is usually a good old cup of green tea. In fact the reason why I started making my tumeric tea is because I tried a herbal tea from a sampler that had a flavor called Tumeric Ginger Thai concentrate. I prefer the actual tumeric tea though.

Back
Top Bottom