Hobbies anyone?

cookieee

Local time
8:34 AM
My latest hobby/fun thing to do is work on jigzaw puzzles. I want my bedroom closet shelf back. lol I had over 20 puzzles just sitting there since we moved in 20 years ago. So a few months ago I said, let's do them and then find them another home. We started with the smaller ones and now we are working on ones with 1,500 pieces. Working up to the last one with 2,500 pieces. :eek:

What do you like to do, as a hobby or just for fun?

Cooking, recipe development and food photography! No time left for anything else. I do like knitting but haven't done any for ages. I used to play chess - not for a long time though. Sometimes I play chess against the computer.

Jigsaws are addictive. There is something very satisfying and reassuring about everything fitting together. If only real life was like that!

Thank you MG, yes, I did enjoy reading that. It's nice to know I am in good company. lol

My favorite puzzles are the 3 wooden puzzles in tin cans that I inherited from my Aunt. No pictures, no idea how old they are. After DH and I put them together, DH took pictures. So next time we do them, at least we will know what to expect. My all time favorite (of the 3) is Noah's Ark. That was a hard one to do without a picture. lol

Thank you MG, yes, I did enjoy reading that. It's nice to know I am in good company. lol

My favorite puzzles are the 3 wooden puzzles in tin cans that I inherited from my Aunt. No pictures, no idea how old they are. After DH and I put them together, DH took pictures. So next time we do them, at least we will know what to expect. My all time favorite (of the 3) is Noah's Ark. That was a hard one to do without a picture. lol

I suppose at least you knew there was two of everything though. :laugh:

poker and poker chips.

20190210_092024.jpg
20190803_185840.jpg
20190702_181435.jpg
20190626_160314.jpg
20190228_173219.jpg
20190527_121707.jpg
20190810_001327.jpg
20190622_114752.jpg
20190323_122653.jpg
20190625_194715.jpg
20190619_190057.jpg
20190809_195346.jpg

Which instrument(s)?
My primary instrument is guitar, but I can usually muddle through on most common instruments (drums, keyboards, most things with strings). I have difficulty with brass/woodwinds, though I did have two years of bagpipe instruction and can get by on those in a pinch (though I no longer own any pipes).

Hobbies I had pre-children: hockey, football (soccer), and theater. I was never very good at the first 2, but I did theater in college, and community theater for 20 years afterward. I wrote, directed, acted, produced...pretty much anything that a person can do involving a play.

Hobbies I have today: I suppose cooking is sort of a hobby, though it's not one just for fun (like the others were).

Excellent! I would much, much rather see a play than a movie. The wife and I go to a lot of theater.

My wife's loves the theatre, me I'm just too rough around the edges for arty stuff. My wife's family are quite talented in the arts. She isn't gifted with it but our son is. I'm glad my wife goes because she takes the grandkids every school holidays. The grandkids love it. I never grew up anything like our kids get.

Now me I used to study horse bloodlines and breed horses to race. I spent hundreds of hours studying pedigrees. I have a tesio computer matching programme. I had 5 mares I used to breed from. I stopped after I achieved breeding and racing a group 1 race winner. I bet and still follow the races. These are standard breds, the one with the sulky behind them.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom