Recipe Homemade garlic cheese croutons for a salad

sorrowscall

Veteran
Local time
8:30 PM
I made this the other day by complete accident when trying to make cheesy garlic bread. I burnt the bread but it tasted so much like a crouton, that I plan on using it forevermore with salads.

Here's what you'll need:
a loaf of potato bread (or however many slices you need)
some mozzeralla cheese (the sprinkled kind)
butter
garlic powder.

Now, notice how I didn't give an exact amount for anything? That's because this is all preference based. I used about six pieces of bread, very little cheese, and made mine extremely garlic-tasting. However, others might want it to have more of a cheese than a garlic taste.

First things first, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Next, while it's preheating, mix the butter and garlic together in a bowl. Slather the mixture on each piece of potato bread. Now, place the slathered bread into the already preheated oven and keep them in there for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, take them out (making sure to leave the oven on) and add however much cheese you want onto the top of each piece before replacing the toast back into the oven for another five minutes, This time, turn the stove off and let the bread harden at room temperature.

Optional: Before letting it harden, go ahead and cut or rip up the toast to make croutons. Either way, before or after, the bread will harden into a crouton-like state.

Back
Top Bottom