Recipe Honey-Brandy Glazed Carrots

Yes, he uses water and butter and uses a a glazing technique that I'm referring to and familiar with.

View: https://youtu.be/Nf6sX4DyDFU
I thought you were questioning butter+water on its own.

Anyway, a little digging turned up a similar technique, referred to as cooking in a butter bath:

https://www.thekitchn.com/snapshot-...-you-can-cook-in-a-butter-bath-22957555?amp=1

Now, they're using a lot more water and butter, but the concept seems to be the same. Maybe that's what the good folks at Epicurious were getting at.

Either way, the proof of the pudding is in the eating, as they say, and regardless of how they got to the plate, they were good! :okay:

I thought you were questioning butter+water on its own.

Anyway, a little digging turned up a similar technique, referred to as cooking in a butter bath:

https://www.thekitchn.com/snapshot-5-thanksgiving-vegetables-you-can-cook-in-a-butter-bath-22957555?amp=1

Now, they're using a lot more water and butter, but the concept seems to be the same. Maybe that's what the good folks at Epicurious were getting at.

Either way, the proof of the pudding is in the eating, as they say, and regardless of how they got to the plate, they were good! :okay:
I understand TR taste is of the utmost importance. I was only trying to point out a specific technique and in this case, specific to glazing to which Pepin did in accordance to what glazing means in a culinary way. Pointing out the difference has created a talking point and some people may see the importance, but nevertheless it's all good.

I understand TR taste is of the utmost importance. I was only trying to point out a specific technique and in this case, specific to glazing to which Pepin did in accordance to what glazing means in a culinary way. Pointing out the difference has created a talking point and some people may see the importance, but nevertheless it's all good.

Agreed. I'm learning all the time and I've learned more about glazing carrot techniques than I ever expected!

You know what, no matter what technique you use to cook them... they are still carrots! :yuck:

CD

Apparently from what I've read, using sous vide technique to cook carrots is supposed to give an excellent result. I just can't justify the length of time, electricity usage to cook the small amount of carrots we need for 2.

Apparently from what I've read, using sous vide technique to cook carrots is supposed to give an excellent result. I just can't justify the length of time, electricity usage to cook the small amount of carrots we need for 2.
I've sous vide quite a bit over the years and sous vide regularly at work and yes, your right vegetables in general are one of the ingredients that work really well.

Back
Top Bottom