caseydog

Local time
8:32 PM
Honey Jalapeño Salsa Roja

3 Cups Diced Tomatoes (fresh or canned)
2-3 Fresh Jalapeños, Diced (to taste)
1 Small Yellow Onion, Diced
1 TBSP Honey
2 TBSP Chopped Oregano (I used fresh from my garden, but dried will work -- use half as much if dried)
1 TBSP Smoked Paprika
1 TBSP Soy Sauce
1/2 TSP Comino/Cumin

Prep all the ingredients, mix them together in a bowl, and refrigerate for at least two hours, best overnight.

HoneySalsa001.jpg

CD

Last edited:
My jalapenõs came from my backyard. You can't get any fresher than that. :okay:

CD
Mine are growing in what used to be a flower bed. I quit growing ornamental plants and flowers outside a few years ago. Well, herbs, fruits, and vegetables are quite pretty, though.

Honey Jalapeño Salsa Roja

3 Cups Diced Tomatoes (fresh or canned)
2-3 Fresh Jalapeños, Diced (to taste)
1 Small Yellow Onion, Diced
1 TBSP Honey
2 TBSP Chopped Oregano (I used fresh from my garden, but dried will work)
1 TBSP Smoked Paprika
1 TBSP Soy Sauce
1/2 TSP Comino/Cumin

Prep all the ingredients, mix them together in a bowl, and refrigerate for at least two hours, best overnight.

View attachment 68367

CD
Bookmarked!

I think I have eaten my limit in sodium from salty tortilla chips today. I really like this salsa, although it is very different from any salsa I've made or eaten before. As I've mentioned before, I am a sucker for sweet and heat combined.

CD

I let the salsa sit in the fridge overnight, and as expected, it was better the next day. The flavors blended together, and the jalapeños mellowed out a little. Still hot, but not as edgy.

I've almost finished a whole bag of (salty) tortilla chips eating the salsa. I don't even want to look at the back of the bag to see how much sodium I've had today. :facepalm:

CD

Hey, I made this! MrsT said she wanted either chips and salsa or bruschetta soon, then I remembered this recipe:

It's definitely a little different than yer average quick fresh salsa. What I picked up on more than anything was the smoky paprika with the undertone of honey.

MrsT noticed the soy sauce and the honey right away. Her comment, when I had her taste it for seasoning, was, "Oh! Chinese salsa!"

Very good! :okay:

One other thing I really like is the fantastic color all that paprika gives the salsa. Gorgeous!

Back
Top Bottom