Recipe Honey & orange zest cake

In America, most home bakers use volume rather than weight for measuring pretty much any thing.
So that's why I was asking if you use weigh all of the ingredients as apposed to volume, ie. 1 cup vs. 240 grams of whole milk (just an example).
Ah ok, sorry! I misunderstood you :hug: I thought you were asking if I knew the measurements to be correct

One of my favorite cakes, a little more work than regular cake but very worth it. It's a little smaller than a regular pound cake.
View attachment 90852
Ingredients:
170 g of honey of your choice, I prefer a darker stronger tasting one to not lose the flavor in the cake.
85 g of golden syrup
2 beaten eggs
140 g unsalted butter
200 g of self raising flour
zest of 1 orange
1 tsp cinnamon
3 drops vanilla essence
Pinch of salt

Method:
1) Preheat the oven to 180 celcius/upper and lower heat
2) Pour the honey, syrup and butter into a sauce pan. Add a tbsp of water and slowly simmer until the butter melts (make sure not to boil the mixture), then stir through and take off the heat. Let cool.
3) Mix the flour with the orange zest, cinnamon, vanilla and pinch of salt. Then add the syrup and the eggs and mix to a shiny batter.
4) Pour mixture in a lined cake tin and bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown.
5) Goes very well with a cup of earl grey
Thank you! I will definitely try the recipe.

I made it again, for a picnic tomorrow:

IMG_5636.jpeg
IMG_5637.jpeg

I have a simple cheat recipe for clotted cream I’ll post up for you tomorrow.
Did you post the clotted cream recipe? If so, please post a link. TIA

Also, what size cake pans and bread/loaf pan did you use?

Do you grease and flour pans? I usually use Baker's Joy.

Did you post the clotted cream recipe? If so, please post a link. TIA
My memory says yes, the search feature says no. :wink:

Give me a few minutes and I’ll post it up and link it back here.

Also, what size cake pans and bread/loaf pan did you use?
The first time, I used a 9-inch round, this last one, a 9-inch X 5-inch loaf pan.

Do you grease and flour pans? I usually use Baker's Joy.
Yes, I used butter, flour, and parchment (I’ve had too many cakes ruined by stickage, even in supposedly “nonstick” pans - now I take no chances).

One of my favorite cakes, a little more work than regular cake but very worth it. It's a little smaller than a regular pound cake.
View attachment 90852
Ingredients:
170 g of honey of your choice, I prefer a darker stronger tasting one to not lose the flavor in the cake.
85 g of golden syrup
2 beaten eggs
140 g unsalted butter
200 g of self raising flour
zest of 1 orange
1 tsp cinnamon
3 drops vanilla essence
Pinch of salt

Method:
1) Preheat the oven to 180 celcius/upper and lower heat
2) Pour the honey, syrup and butter into a sauce pan. Add a tbsp of water and slowly simmer until the butter melts (make sure not to boil the mixture), then stir through and take off the heat. Let cool.
3) Mix the flour with the orange zest, cinnamon, vanilla and pinch of salt. Then add the syrup and the eggs and mix to a shiny batter.
4) Pour mixture in a lined cake tin and bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown.
5) Goes very well with a cup of earl grey.
Every time you bake something I feel like I could eat the entire thing. Love the ingredient list. I don't have all the ingredients on hand at the moment but I will save it for later.

Back
Top Bottom