2 ripe bananas
3 medium eggs
170 g self raising flour
170 g butter
100 g caster sugar
70 g dark honey
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp powdered cardamom
1/2 tsp grated nutmeg
1/2 powdered cloves
Pinch of salt
Extra honey for brushing over the cake
25 cm round baking tin ( not ideal, but what I used so what works)
Sunflower oil for greasing the tin
Preheat the oven to 160 celcius, upper and lower heat. Prepare your baking tin.
1) Peel the bananas, slice into thin slices and mash the slices up in a bowl. Then add the eggs, salt and spices, mix by hand with a whisk. Add the sugar and mix it through too.
2) Put the butter and honey in a saucepan and melt gently.
3) Put the flour in another bowl. Take the saucepan off the fire and let cool a little, then add to the flour and mix well.
4) Add the wet ingredients to the flour until you have a runny, glossy mixture.
5) Pour into lined baking tin. Bake in the oven for 55 mins. It's done when a skewer comes out clean.
6) With your skewer, pinch holes in the cakes surface. Pour honey over the cake, and spread out with a brush.
6) Leave to cool completely, then let set in the fridge overnight.
7) Enjoy with a cup of tea!