Recipe Hot Buttered Love Chicken Thighs with Honey Butter

cookieee

Local time
10:28 PM
Hot Buttered Love Chicken Thighs with Honey Butter

12 chicken thighs
1/4 cup Indonesian Cinnamon Rub *
1/2 lb + 1 TB cold butter (1/2 lb. cubed)
8 cloves garlic, minced
1 TB finely chopped fresh ginger
1/2 cup HONEY
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 TB. chopped fresh sage
1 TB. curry paste
salt and pepper

1. Rub the chicken with the Cinnamon Rub, pressing the seasoning into the meat and skin. Set aside.
2. Glazing Sauce: Melt 1 TB butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Saute the garlic and ginger until tender 2 to 3 minutes. Add the hone, lemon juice, sage and curry paste, stirring until fully incorporated. Slowly bring to a boil and remove from heat. Whisk in the cubed butter a little at a time until fully incorporated. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Preheat grill to medium-high.
4. Sear chicken for 2 to 3 minutes per side and move to a cooler part of the grill. Close the lid and grill-roast the thighs, basting every 10 minutes with lots of the glazing sauce, until fully cooked, 20 to 30 minutes. Move chicken directly over heat source and grill for 1 to 2 minutes more to crisp the skin.
5. Baste once again and serve. Serves 6

Source: Hot, Sticky and on Fire - Ted Reader

Last edited by a moderator:
These sound so good, but I would have to drastically cut down the cinnamon as a very little goes a very long way for me.

Oh, and any more info on curry paste? Red, yellow, green, massaman, or any of the other not as well known ones?

These sound so good, but I would have to drastically cut down the cinnamon as a very little goes a very long way for me.

Oh, and any more info on curry paste? Red, yellow, green, massaman, or any of the other not as well known ones?
Sorry, that was all the book said. I guess it is up to you. lol

Back
Top Bottom