How adventurous are you?

Should have explained. London English often incorporates Cockney rhyming slang, so "north and south" (pronounced " norf n saauf") rhymes with "mouth". :laugh: :laugh:
Yeah, it was pretty obvious, LOL. I don't think any of us here are so dense as to not have understood what that meant! :laugh:

Shut your gob. Lmfao
Russ
Others I like are
Murican kiwi
Free spirit s$%t
Clutter junk
Yeah, it was the rub a dub part that got me. Rhyme or not, it sounded like something else :D

Do you guys over there ever meet or get to know brits aka poms here. I had a mate fro. Camden town so I know the lingo. A brit painted my upstairs 18 months ago. I know about 6 poms.

Russ

Do you guys over there ever meet or get to know brits aka poms here.
Depends on where you live.

We live nearish to Dayton, where there’s an airbase, and at one point (up until the late-90’s) there was a significant USAF presence in the UK, so service members would come back from the UK married and bring their in-laws with them sometimes, so there usually ends up a little enclave of expats near any airbases. It’s no accident there are a several British-owned grocery stores, knickknack shops, and restaurants around Dayton.

Also depends on what industry is around. For whatever reason, General Electric and General Motors seemed to recruit a lot of Germans in the ‘50’s and ‘60’s - almost all the old German guys in the clubs around here who emigrated at that time worked for GE and GM.

Back
Top Bottom