How adventurous are you?

I’m gonna try horse one day. Maybe in Canada? France?

Would anybody try fugu? Now that would REALLY be adventurous!

I've eaten both of these in Japan.

Horse sashimi. You read that right. It was thinly sliced, apparently from the neck of the horse and served with thick slices of white horse fat.

Fugu is 'meh'. The presentation was amazing, but it wasn't particular tasty.

I am at 35 here.

I haven't had truffles - I have had truffle oil, but most of that is fake, so won't count that. Just haven't seen real truffles around but want to try.
Never seen chitlins available. I'd hesitate, but would try.

Durian - I'd rather try that out, over a small piece, rather than stinking up my house. Have never run into it on the small scale.

Haven't had century Egg. Don't have a remote interest in trying that.

But I've eaten everything else on this list. And enjoyed nearly all of them.

I count 34. I haven't had squirrel, durian, brains, chicken feet, or a century egg. Of all the items on the list, the only one that made me stop was squirrel. I mean, really...were would you find this unless you're setting traps in your yard? And then, what are the odds you'll be able to eat it without getting horribly sick from some weird disease?
Squirrel and goat meat are my favorite meats... I got a couple of squirrels a co-worker shot about 15 years ago. They were superb. They aren't going to make you sick unless you fail to cook them. Just like a lot of other things. I'd trust squirrel over lettuce or raw spinach in some environments.

TastyReuben how would Grand-dad or ma for that matter, prepare squirrel?

I have made it as a stew with vegetables and drippings. I have done it braised low and slow in the oven. I don't ever bother coating meats in flour unless something is to be fully breaded. Squirrel doesn't need that, ever. So tasty!

Squirrel and goat meat are my favorite meats... I got a couple of squirrels a co-worker shot about 15 years ago. They were superb. They aren't going to make you sick unless you fail to cook them. Just like a lot of other things. I'd trust squirrel over lettuce or raw spinach in some environments.

I have made it as a stew with vegetables and drippings. I have done it braised low and slow in the oven. I don't ever bother coating meats in flour unless something is to be fully breaded. Squirrel doesn't need that, ever. So tasty!
:eek:

I love Rabbit.
Does Squirrel taste the same?
I find rabbit a bit dryer than squirrel. But otherwise similar enough.
Would anybody try fugu? Now that would REALLY be adventurous!
Nope - I understand there is no taste improvement of fugu over other seafood sushi. So, the benefits of it are just the thrill of cheating death - for which I prefer to take other measures to implement - ie, by NOT eating fugu.
the only thing that stops me cold is Balut. nope. no way. is Balut on that list? if not, it should be the king of that list!!
I would like to try balut. I love early-on duck eggs without the embryos. I like adult duck. Can't see why I would dislike that in-between stage, and it is indeed a cooked culinary item.

Back
Top Bottom