How big is your celery?

vernplum

Veteran
Local time
6:15 AM
…because when a recipe says ‘1 stick of celery’ that could vary quite a bit. Here’s some I bought today.

97165E1B-405F-4C34-B43B-C28E5C63B720.jpeg

Round here you can also get it at half that size.

[Edit] How big am I you might be wondering? I am 5’ 10” with normally proportioned limbs.

…because when a recipe says ‘1 stick of celery’ that could vary quite a bit. Here’s some I bought today.

View attachment 79790

Round here you can also get it at half that size.

[Edit] How big am I you might be wondering? I am 5’ 10” with normally proportioned limbs.

That looks about the same as what I find as far as whole celery in the stores around me -- about elbow to wrist on me. I have long arms, though -- I have to try on shirts before I buy them.

CD

I still have the same cereal and the same bottle of juice so could give a rough idea on size, but that container is 8 inches high and the celery is usually double that and more. In the picture TastyReuben is referring to, the celery is slightly limp if you look closely.

The granola box is roughly 9 inches tall,
I'll edit in a minute with the size of the bottle

Edit: the bottle is 11½ inches high. I'm guessing the celery was about 2 feet which is the normal for here. Much, much larger than I every bought back in the UK!

Last edited:
Ah - but is that counting leaf growth. vernplum's has the leafy bits chopped off.

I just measured what little celery I have in the house right now (about six stalks left). The overall length was roughly 15-inches. The usable stalks ranged from about 8-inches to 12 inches -- some have more leafy bits than others.

All the package said was "Product of USA," but I would guess that they are probably from California.

CD

Back
Top Bottom