How do I enjoy celery?

I think the OP was wanting snacking ideas. Not sure, as he/she has not been back the forum since making that post. :scratchhead:

CD

D88740C5-F1CF-4CB9-BE29-11322CF326D4.jpeg

It's last on my list of snack foods. I like it cooked in soups and such. I don't mind it chopped in chicken or tuna salad for sandwiches.

I have hated the taste of raw celery since I was a kid, tried again as an adult and still hate it. I do cook with it though as part of mirepoix/sofrito and have no problems with that as the taste is transformed in the combination and the cooking.

I´ll eat any fruit or vegetable on the planet, but, even though I like celery, I buy a bunch and then say: " OK. NOW what do I do with it?"
Celery as part of a salad - fine. With blue, or cream cheese - fine. As something to dip into a bagna cauda - fine. Celery and potato soup? Yep - fine.
So now what do I do with it? It ´s not a very versatile ingredient, is it?

I do cook with it though as part of mirepoix/sofrito and have no problems with that as the taste is transformed in the combination and the cooking.

You need to try the cajun version of mirepoix, called The Trinity. Onion, celery, and bell pepper instead of carrot.

CD

Yep - I’ve made gumbo a couple of times and I love the smell of frying Trinity. :)

Yes - I have too. At first I was sceptical about 'the trinity'. I mean, why should celery, onion and green (bell) peppers taste so good? But it is indeed a magical combination.

Back in Bombay in the 90s, they had a choice of whether your Bloody Mary was served with daikon or celery.

I really dislike celery.

I like celery, but dislike Bloody Marys. :laugh:

CD

Back
Top Bottom