How do you cook your steak?

char grill or bbq ,if not available then pan fried in cast iron pan ,i cook fillet steak rare and any steak with fat in it "a point"and well rest it
I have used sous vide but then you have to seal it in a hot pan

We also use a cast iron skillet.

We used to grill our steaks outside on the barbeque, but it's too confounded hot and windy in the summer to grill outside. So another vote for cast iron skillet. Medium rare.

Usually, I season the steak and then drizzle a little oil into a frying pan. I turn up the heat until the oil is sizzling and then add the steak. I usually use the juices in the pan to make a sauce for the steak too or fry some mushrooms in the steak juices. I used to like my steaks cooked medium to well as I couldn't stand the pinkness and blood. As I have got older, I now prefer my steak medium and love a bit of pink in the middle.

I like to use a little butter when cooking a steak. It help give it a buttery flavor that's unmatched by any other kind of oil!! :wink:

I love steak grilled or on the bbq. I like it really well done with lots a bbq sauce and Montreal Steak Spice. I can not eat it if there is any pink in it. Nothing grosses me out more then blood running out of a steak. I know people like it like that but for me it just turns my stomach.

I also take steak and cut it in strips and use it in a stir fry. It is very good like that. I don't eat a lot of steak. I prefer chicken but steak every once in a while is good.

Actually we do not eat beef that often since my father was diagnosed with kidney failure. Because we had learned that eating beef regularly is bad for our kidney because it is high in createnine which damage our kidney function. We only eat steak once in a blue moon. We just marinate our steak with a branded steak seasoning powder and nothing else for 4 hours or even one day in order to absorb fully its flavor. Then we also like it to be in strips and then just stir fry it in a ceramic plate in a stove. We always love the smell and aroma of the steak while it is being cook and it will really makes you feel excited to eat at once.

Grilled, but I have not seen any here in quite a while. When my husband used to entertain his friends that was the meat of choice. These days I hardly ever eat red meat and there is hardly any entertaining of that kind so I do see it bought now. It's usually his thing and not mine.

Steak was our dinner last night and the leftover was my breakfast which I ate in the office. Our usual steak is cooked medium well but somtimes it becomes well done. Our favorite steak is the porterhouse although last night it was t-bone which was quite jerky. But the best part in steak for us is the garnishings. We had boiled corn on the cob that takes the place of mashed potatoes or bread. We also had cucumber and mayonnaise for side dish.

Steak Degree of Doneness..jpg

Here's a steak doneness guide for those of you who want to hit it right on the nose when it comes to cooking your steaks. :wink:

Well Shermie, the 'doneness' list is not done. It's missing 'well, well' or slightly burnt for ten minutes both sides. That's how I will have mine thank you very much:chef:. The times my husband looked away from his grilling for a little too long worked out well for my taste.

Back
Top Bottom