How do you cook your steak?

Thanks for the guide, @Shermie. We always prefer our steak medium well but sometimes it is medium only. There is a steak house here that serves the best steak in town. It is called Sizzling Plate and we always dine there when we go to that city. It is actually far from here and we only go there for vacation. Another steak house is La Copa which serves the best Caesar's Salad as side dish to the steak. It is near the airport.

Well Shermie, the 'doneness' list is not done. It's missing 'well, well' or slightly burnt for ten minutes both sides. That's how I will have mine thank you very much:chef:. The times my husband looked away from his grilling for a little too long worked out well for my taste.

My soulmate! I would rather have mine burnt than even slightly pink inside. Restaurants etc just CANNOT COPE with that.

I'm also the jerk who bakes her steak in the oven :whistling: I like how evenly it cooks through.
...People think I'm weird

I like my steak with a lot of butter and thyme, grilled or pan cooked then medium to medium well. I like it a little pink on the inside and soft on the tongue. :)

I like to start it on top of the stove, then finish it in the oven. :wink:
We do the same thing. Once the steaks have a beautiful sear on them, the cooking is finished in the oven. They turn out axing every time. When you cook a steak good, the only ingredients you need to put on it are butter, salt, and pepper. No need for all the rubs and marinades.

I love my steak medium rare. My husband is an amazing BBQer and can get it perfectly. I prefer a steak cooked by him at home on the BBQ than to a steakhouse one.

Back
Top Bottom