How do you cut toast/sandwiches?

Even if it's buttered up?
Yeah. It's that dark brown bit across the top that I don't like when it's toasted. I'm OK (but only OK) with it as bread but I've always had issues swallowing and if something is very dry and tough such as the toasted crust, I can't swallow it and will choke.

If we have pizza out and the crust is too browned, I'll have to leave it simply because it sticks in my throat otherwise. I also can't eat anything without a cold drink available to deal with any "too dry" issues when chewing. It comes from decades of throat damage from constant coughing (and constant chest infections) as a child. The damage is done by my middle teenage years and will only worsen as I get older, so all I can do is manage the symptoms. Dry bread or crusts just make matters worse. Hubby happily eats them off my plate so they're not wasted! Lol

My experience in Harry Ramsden's, Singapore mid/late 90s. #4

I've done some research and it appears that the most time I spent in Singapore was in the year 2000. So it was probably then.

Last edited:
The only way I want to know.. Never straight through the middle.
Toast gebakken ei.jpg

As I was reading up on Royal Culinary Habits recently, a curious fact came out of the blue. Nothing "pointy" is allowed in the Royal Household, because a centuries' old myth has it that, anything "pointy" was designed to overthrow the Royal Family. No-one, unfortunately, seems to know where this myth came from , but it persists. Royal sandwiches:
-familys-food-rules-go-way-way-way-back-1663285723.jpg

It could compare with the myth about the quaich: the Scottish two-handed drinking cup. Supposedly, the two hands were for friendship, but myth has it that, if a Scottish warrior had both hands occupied with a cup, then he could not draw his sword OR his dirk and kill his counterpart!!

As I was reading up on Royal Culinary Habits recently, a curious fact came out of the blue. Nothing "pointy" is allowed in the Royal Household, because a centuries' old myth has it that, anything "pointy" was designed to overthrow the Royal Family. No-one, unfortunately, seems to know where this myth came from , but it persists. Royal sandwiches:
View attachment 99658

It could compare with the myth about the quaich: the Scottish two-handed drinking cup. Supposedly, the two hands were for friendship, but myth has it that, if a Scottish warrior had both hands occupied with a cup, then he could not draw his sword OR his dirk and kill his counterpart!!

I require guests to leave their swords at the door, and keep their dirks in their pants. :okay:

CD

Back
Top Bottom