Recipe How do you make fruit pizza?

primalclaws1974

Veteran
Local time
1:22 AM
The recipe I use is pretty simple. I flatten sugar cookie dough (homemade or premade), making sure its clumped together. After cooking the cookies, and making a crust, I let it cool. The "sauce" is cream cheese, sugar and lemon juice. The fruit can be almost anything. I put on sliced strawberries, grapes, bananas, and kiwi. Then a sugar, corn starch and lemon juice glaze is sprinkled on top. This not only adds flavor, but the lemon juice reduces the browning of the bananas. Put it in the fridge for at least an hour. Serve cold. Is your recipe similar or very different?

I don't think I have come across anyone making a fruit pizza even in all of the raw food websites I have visited or from the family member who is a raw foodie.

Our of curiosity why would you do this? Is it a dessert or a main dish?

I don't think I have come across anyone making a fruit pizza even in all of the raw food websites I have visited or from the family member who is a raw foodie.

I am very surprised you have never heard of dessert pizza. There are various ways to make them. As the name implies, it is dessert. It's pretty sweet. I suppose a person that could be satisfied with dough and fruit could treat it as a meal, because it has a variety of food on it that is good for you. People used to eat apple dumplings as a meal.

Oh wow, I haven't actually heard of anyone making a fruit pizza... the closest I've heard is of incorporating different fruits in a pizza along with the usual savory goodies.
How does a pizza dessert taste like? It must be rather sweet... Thanks for the share, I'll give it a try as a treat for the family later in the week. Something daring and new!

It is a very rich dessert. You must like sugar cookies and sweet cream cheese (such as danishes), otherwise you might not like this. Like an actual pizza, the toppings can be varied to your preference. The glaze can also be omitted if you don't want to the extra sugar, or don't want your fruit "tarnished" with an icing. I strongly prefer cold desserts to room temperature or hot ones, so this is something I really enjoy.

It's sort of like a novel snack/dessert. Where I live there's a place that makes fruit pizzas and it's cone shaped. Pretty interesting.

Sweet pizza seems to be a sweetened base with a chocolate spread and a mixture of fruit and sweet goodies on top
I made sweet ravioli years ago,the paste had coa coa in it and filled with banana ,poached in milk with a chocolate sauce

This is the first time I heard of this fruit pizza and it is very interesting. What I am always making for our family weekend dessert is a fruit refrigerated cake wherein in a rectangular pan I lined honey biscuits then spread a sauce of cream cheese and condensed milk and topped it with fruits like peaches, mango, pineapple, strawberry and kiwi which are all our choice in the family. Then repeat with a second layer of the biscuits and cream mixture up to third layer which is the final then we decorate the final fruit toppings. I think this is very similar but the only difference is the use of sugar cookie dough and the lemon juice. But I will surely try this also and I know this taste delicious too!

I have not tried fruit pizza yet. I have seen a picture of this type of pizza in one of the dining house in my place. What they have is a like a regular pizza having strawberry, peaches, kiwis, blueberries and a lot of cream cheese. I hav not try it though if it is delicious but I must agree the food presentation is nice.

Back
Top Bottom