How Do You Store Your Oils?

Doesn't grapeseed oil come from the seeds of grapes? Rapeseed oil comes from the seeds of the rapeseed plant, I think. I think canola oil and rapeseed oil are the same, just different names, but grapeseed oil is something else.

I don't know what canola oil is, exactly, I just know it is very useful. As for "rapeseed oil," it just sounds like an oil Jeffrey Epstein would have used a lot of. :eek:

CD

Ok, turning to Wikipedia:

"Grape seed oil (also called grapeseed oilor grape oil) is a vegetable oil derived from the seeds of grapes."

"Rapeseed (Brassica napus subsp. napus) is a bright-yellow flowering member of the family Brassicaceae (mustard or cabbage family), cultivated mainly for its oil-rich seed, which naturally contains appreciable amounts of toxic erucic acid. Canola are a group of rapeseed cultivars which were bred to have very low levels of erucic acidand are especially prized for use for human and animal food. Rapeseed is the third-largest source of vegetable oil and second-largest source of protein meal in the world."

"Canola oil is a vegetable oil derived from a variety of rapeseed that is low in erucic acid"

Ok, rapeseed and canola, at least derived from the same plant, grapeseed is different all together. I do remember reading years ago, I think, that "canola" is a made-up name, more for marketing, to avoid the term "rapeseed," for the North American market.

I remember driving through England and seeing absolutely stunning fields of bright yellow...and then my sinuses immediately seizing up. :laugh: 🤧

Today, it is a type of felony. :stop:

CD

Two different roots of the word.

The word 'rape' as in 'rapeseed' the plant, derives from the Latin word for turnip, rapa or rapum, cognate with the Greek word rhapys.

The term 'rape' as in sexual violation, originates from the Latin rapere (supine stem raptum), "to snatch, to grab, to carry off". Since the 14th century, the term has come to mean "to seize and take away by force".In Roman law, the carrying off of a woman by force, with or without intercourse, constituted "raptus". In Medieval English law the same term could refer to either kidnapping or rape in the modern sense of "sexual violation".

Back
Top Bottom