How is the corona virus affecting you?

A short outing to do some recycling and pay the bill at the paper shop. I donned the colourful snood-type thing I've acquired. You can wear it around your neck and pull it up before going into a shop. It has holes for the ears, too.

Catherine: are you planning a remake of a Duran Duran video?

Some people.

Some local good news - Ohio has dropped under 1 for our transmission rate for the first time in several weeks. We were down to something like .74 at one point, then shot up to about 1.36 after reopening a bit, and now we're down to .98 last time I checked.

Hoping it holds (and keeps dropping).

I donned the colourful snood-type thing I've acquired. You can wear it around your neck and pull it up before going into a shop. It has holes for the ears, too.
I've got something like this but no holes for ears, much easier than taking a mask on/off. Holes for ears sounds a good addition.

I've been trying to solve problems without using the usual means; i.e. people who know how to solve them. I had plumbing issues that I had to solve myself, and I purchased a small portable dryer because my full size one went out. Trying to solve problems without involving other people can be problematic. So far so good!

I ran an errand with my neighbor -- trying to find out where in the USA my new refrigerator is. :facepalm:

We went for lunch at a good place that was not crowded for lunch. The restaurant had put up temporary extensions above the backs of the booths made from cardboard and plastic panels. It provided a lot more separation between patrons. Good idea!

IMG_1073.JPG

IMG_1072.JPG

Bozo, apparently, was apprised of the existence of a place called "Scotland" recently and honoured the occasion by visiting...Stromness, which is in Orkney, well to the north of the Scottish mainland. Hmm, I wonder why. Strangely, he made sure he kept well away from the higher-population areas and particularly well away from Nicola Sturgeon, the Scottish Parliament's First Minister.

Now, not many of us in this part of the world voted either Tory nor for Brexit, so quite what he was expecting to achieve is not in any way clear. We got a few soundbites about being the PM of "the whole of the UK" but not much more. He looked about as happy as a man who has just been vomited on by a camel.

Bozo, apparently, was apprised of the existence of a place called "Scotland" recently and honoured the occasion by visiting...Stromness, which is in Orkney, well to the north of the Scottish mainland. Hmm, I wonder why. Strangely, he made sure he kept well away from the higher-population areas and particularly well away from Nicola Sturgeon, the Scottish Parliament's First Minister.

Now, not many of us in this part of the world voted either Tory nor for Brexit, so quite what he was expecting to achieve is not in any way clear. We got a few soundbites about being the PM of "the whole of the UK" but not much more. He looked about as happy as a man who has just been vomited on by a camel.

Yeah, you Scotts were not fond of the UK before. Seems that Boris is not improving things. Hey, Donald Trump has a golf resort in Scotland. You can have him replace Boris, if you want. Seriously, many of us would gladly give him to you.

CD

Back
Top Bottom