How is the corona virus affecting you?

I have avoided this thread for a while. I have not gone back to read previous posts. Flippancy, arrogance, a sense of entitlement, constitutional rights, conspiracy theories, finger pointing. blaming. It all makes me ill.
The bottom line is that we are in the midst of a pandemic. People are sick. People are dying.
Give me a break.
Louisiana is an "Open Carry" state. You can carry a weapon as long as it is visible. It is very easy to acquire a concealed weapon carry licence. So you can take a weapon, put it to your head and blow your brains out. Not illegal. My Dad did that. The harm done to others is emotional and physiological. You take that same weapon, point it another person, pull the trigger and you are a murderer. Arrogant, self centered, uncaring individuals refuse to take precautions. They refuse to wear face coverings, they refuse to cease socializing, they claim constitutional rights. SOBs are so selfish and self centered that they care nothing about anyone other than themselves. They are a loaded gun pointed at their family, friends and associates. The attitude of privilege or exception to the rule is criminal.
I could rant for days. I am hurt by the selfishness of my fellow country men/women. If you do not care about yourself please care about your parents and grandparents. Think of others instead of your selfish, arrogant self.
I started to apologize to anyone I may have offended but decided not to. If you are in the selfish, arrogant, uncaring part of society ............ I can not justify, condone or apologize for your attitude.

Honestly, I don't think any of our regular members contributing to this thread fall into the category of the selfish, arrogant, uncaring part of society. But a lot of us do feel angry at the way others behave - including our politicians.

Honestly, I don't think any of our regular members contributing to this thread fall into the category of the selfish, arrogant, uncaring part of society. But a lot of us do feel angry at the way others behave - including our politicians.
Especially the politicians, including the unelected ones.

A Ptolemaic world view on a personal level. Common in children. Children usually become aware that they are not the center of the universe by their early 20's. Unfortunately is seems that too many of my fellow citizens have carried that attitude into adulthood.

Going to get my hair cut and dyed today because my birthday is soon, and am curious what it will be like with all the corona measures. Haven't cut my hair all this time.
Neither have we, and it's really bugging my wife. She's got thick, thick, THICK frizzy hair and it's driving her crazy.

I now have to regularly pull mine back in a short ponytail to cook. :laugh:

Maybe rethink that:
When I was making supper last night, I put it in a side-knot, just to impress MrsTasty.

You and your new 'do look fab, BTW. :)

Okay not for everyone maybe :laugh:

Thanks. I feel fab too 🙏 the barbershop only checked illness symptoms but after the check and mandatory hand sanitizer not much was different from normal. Except the hair washing station was divided by wooden stalls. But that actually made them more comfortable and spa-like.

Okay not for everyone maybe :laugh:

Thanks. I feel fab too 🙏 the barbershop only checked illness symptoms but after the check and mandatory hand sanitizer not much was different from normal. Except the hair washing station was divided by wooden stalls. But that actually made them more comfortable and spa-like.

No masks?

No masks?

Nope, no masks. Our whole country has no mask rule (yet). The mask is only mandatory in public transport.
I can't force them to wear masks so I didn't wear one either.

They are looking into making masks mandatory everywhere though.

Going to get my hair cut and dyed today because my birthday is soon, and am curious what it will be like with all the corona measures. Haven't cut my hair all this time.
I had my hair highlighted and cut this evening (my hairdresser come to my house) and it was FAB :woot:
It was a little different to normal: she can't help wash my hair so I had to do that bit myself, and she isn't doing blow-drying at the moment either. She wore a mask or visor at all times and used plenty of hand sanitiser, I wore a mask and sanitised the kitchen surfaces before she arrived. It was a lovely to not only get my hair cut, but also to have a good gossip with her.

Mask for stylist and customers. Temp check and hand sanitizer at the door. One customer per stylist in the shop at one time. No double processing. # of stylist allowed to work at one time depends on the size of the shop. Station and wash basin sanitized after each use. I had a cut a month ago. While there I went to the restroom. As soon as I walked out my stylist went in to sanitize. Scheduled for cut and color next week.

Back
Top Bottom